As traditional marketing methods are becoming less effective, the brands are thinking forward to have a better way ahead. This is when content marketing entered and ruled the market space.
In simpler terms, content marketing is a strategic approach focused on creating and publishing valuable consistent, and usable content that would attract and retain a target audience.
Content Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation can be considered as two important pillars of digital marketing strategy. It is a rare occurrence to expect a person to scroll past the first page of the Google Search Engine Result Page. Many professional SEO agencies considered it as two distinctive practices, making them lose a lot of opportunities to attract website traffic.
In the coming year, content marketing is growing into something that professional SEO agencies are to keep an eye on.
The below-mentioned points are to play an important part in managing content marketing as a key SEO strategy.
- Quality Content: Google focuses on high-quality relevant content when it comes to ranking websites in the search result. Creating quality content with perfectly fitted keywords would help your website rank higher and ensure that potential customers find you when they are searching for anything related. Also, include keywords in title tags, meta descriptions & URL slugs to make it easier to be found by search engines.
- Ethical Link Building: Link Building is an age-old SEO technique that is still relevant even today. However, there are chances that the site can get penalised by Google for acquiring spammy or low-quality links. When done correctly, the link-building practice can help in improving the website ranking.
- User Experience: Higher rank on search engine pages requires optimising the site architecture and enhancing site security and speed. Ensure a quick page load, across different devices. Build a website that is easy for the visitor to navigate and find what they are looking for.
- Image Optimization: It is important to optimise the images if you want the site to have a short load time. This requires compressing the image without sacrificing its quality. There are many tools available that make it possible. Also remember to optimize the image with the related keywords, as it will help the search engine to understand the content better.
You can still wonder how content marketing boosts the search engine page ranking. Read on to know more.
Even though it sounds simple, driving traffic to the site by optimising content with relevant keywords can be tiresome. But the efforts will be fruitful in increasing your organisation’s online visibility. Google crawls that content and will rank it based on its relevance, quality, and usefulness. Google will reward great content.
Content marketing helps a business spread its organic keywords through its website in an engaging and valuable way, which can also increase the number of backlinks. This longer run will eventually lead to the improvement of the domain authority. If the website has valuable content it will get a backlink from other websites. Good content and high-quality backlink can boost your efforts and in turn push your page to appear on the first page of SERPs.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to ensure a successful digital strategy-
- Set clear objectives: The first step is definitely to identify and set the right goals for content marketing and SEO. It is important to ensure that they are aligned towards the same measurable result.
- Keyword Research: Before you start with your keyword research, understand the target audience and their perception. Align your keyword research that the target audience may be searching for, as it is important to craft relevant content. This will make it easier to understand their searches and identify the keywords that you need to rank on.
- Content Optimization: Creating SEO-friendly content is one of the important things to keep in mind while planning a successful digital marketing strategy. Ensure optimization for all devices. Don’t forget to implement various SEO factors like internal links, title tags, headers, meta descriptions, keywords optimization, alt tags, and content quality, to ensure a high rank in SERPs.
- Boost: Promote the content across social media and through PR activities. Opt for outreach content or guest posts to transform your marketing efforts into high-quality backlinks. Bridge the gap between SEO & content marketing by merging both strategies into one. It will lead to higher conversion, resulting in a better ROI.