HP printers are being used everywhere in the world, and they are one of the biggest brands in the printing industry. HP produces quality printers for both home and commercial use. You can always trust an HP printer when you are in a hurry for your work.
But, there are times when you get into trouble with HP printers. One of the problems could be that your HP print spooler service is not running. So, what can you do when you find this problem with your computer?
Well, today, we are going to provide you all the details about the HP printer spooler and how you can solve the problem.
First, we must look at what is print spooler and how it is used in a computer.
What Is Print Spooler?
Print spooler service in windows helps your computer interact with the printer and send in the print command to the printer. It is a process that manages the printing service on the computer. It accepts the print jobs from the computer and makes sure that printing resources are available. It manages printing in the background and maintains the order in which the document will be printed. It also reschedules the printing job if the resources are not available at the moment.
Common errors with Printer Spooler
If a document that has been sent to the printer for printing has some issue and has been added to the print queue by the spooler, it will make all the print jobs stop. Other problems faced related to print spooler include:
- Print jobs have been stuck in the queue.
- Data or documents added to the spooler are corrupt, hence spooler is unable to translate it to the printer.
- The spooler has crashed mid-way while transferring the information.
All this can make your print spooler face issues and it will stop working smoothly the way it was working before. But fret no more, there are ways to get this problem fixed as explained in this guide further.
How to solve the Print Spooler error on your HP printer?
If you have encountered the print spooler error on your computer while sending in command to your HP printer, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the ways to solve print spooler problems in HP printers.
Change the Spooler properties – To solve the spooler not running problem, you can change the spooler properties using these steps:
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ to open the Run window and type services.msc and hit enter, double-click on ‘Print Spooler’ from the list you see. You can start and stop the service once and see whether the problem is resolved or not. This can solve most of the small problems, but you may need to do something else to rectify the error.
- Right-click on the print spooler to open its properties and go to the ‘General’ tab. You have to set the start-up type to ‘Automatic’ and press the apply button.
- Now, you need to go to the recovery tab and select the actions for the first and second failure as Restart the service.
Restore Default Printer- Restoring printer to default state may also help to fix the spooler error.
- Begin by clearing the print queue and press Windows key and ‘R’, type services.msc and hit enter.
- The printer driver may also be corrupted, hence leading to the spooler errors. Update your driver first and then proceed to the next step.
- Next, you have to delete your printer as your printer software may be corrupted. Uninstall the printer’s driver as well.
- After this, reinstall the HP printer and download the drivers for your printer as well by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
Scanning System Files- scanning system files will help you to find the corrupted file that is leading to all the problems. Here’s how to do it:
- Restart the computer in safe mode and open command prompt and after right-clicking, select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Type sfc/scannow and press enter for the window that opens. This will give a command to the System File Checker to scan all the files and repair the corrupted ones.
- The scan will find the corrupted files and will also make an attempt to repair them. If it is not able to repair it, then you have to do it by yourself.