In case, if you’re facing various SBCGlobal email issues from a time being then do not worry as you’re not the only one! You can troubleshoot your SBC Global email problems easily with the help of the below-mentioned solutions. In this blog, we’ve not only mentioned the solutions but also listed all the possible factors/reasons that lead to various SBCGlobal email problems such as unable to send and receive emails in SBCGlobal.net. So, continue reading further to fix the SBCGlobal email issues in various ways.
The List of Possible Reasons behind Various SBCGlobal Email Login Problems that leads to “Unable to Send and Receive Emails in SBC Global.net:”
- Reason 1: SBC Email Server Down
- Reason 2: Forwarding Settings and Filter Issue
- Reason 3: Mistakenly blacklisted Email ID
- Reason 4: Insufficient Space
- Reason 5: Browser error
- Reason 6: Interference of any third party Antivirus software with SBCGlobal email server
- Reason 7: Improper Email Server Settings
Now, let’s move forward to troubleshoot each of the above-mentioned causes/reasons with their particular and possible solutions.
Solution 1: Check SBCGlobal Email Server
It is necessary to check the email server before resolving your SBC Global email issues because if the email server is down for everybody then, you have to just wait until the site resolves its server issue. However, if it is down for you, then you need to contact your network administrator in order to start receiving and sending SBCGlobal email issues.
- So, to check email server, visit the sites like:
- Outage Report
- Is it down Right Now?
- Then, search for ‘SBC Global Email Service’ and click on it.
- That’s it! After that, the website will let you know whether the SBCGlobal Mail account server is down just for you or for everyone else.
Solution 2: Change your SBC Global Forwarding and Filter Settings
- Sometimes, due to ‘Enabled’ forwarding settings, your received SBCGlobal emails were being forwarded to other email addresses. That is why; you may face issues while receiving emails. So, to start receiving SBCGlobal emails again, disable your SBC Global email account’s ‘Forwarding Settings’ simply by clicking the gear icon and navigating yourself to the SBC Global email account ‘Settings.’
- Similarly, an unnecessary filter can create problems by stopping you from receiving any email. So, go to your email ‘Settings’ and delete the unnecessary filter (if created any) to solve the ‘Not receiving SBCGlobal emails.’
Solution 3: Unblock the Email ID from your SBC Global Block List
If by mistake, you’ve blocked any email address then, you have to remove the name from the blacklist in order to start exchanging emails. So, in order to remove the email id from your SBCGlobal account’s block list, simply perform these steps—
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option and click on ‘Junk Mail.’
- After that, click on the ‘Block Senders’ list and select the ‘Remove’ option to finally remove the email address from the block list.
Solution 4: Free Some Email Space
- As insufficient space can also lead to the SBC Global email issue of not receiving or sending SBC emails further so, what you have to do is delete all the unnecessary emails from your SBC Global email account to free some space.
Solution 5: Optimize Web Browser
- In order to optimize the web browser, open it, and click on ‘Three-dots’ from the top-right corner.
- Then, open the browser ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Privacy and Security’ option to clear the browsing history, cache, and cookies. Now, open your SBC Global email account without any further issue.
Solution 6: Disable your Antivirus or Firewall from Windows O.S.
The wrong Firewall or Antivirus setting might interrupt/block your SBC Global email account from login and exchanging emails. So, to avoid Firewall and Antivirus from blocking and interrupting your SBC Global email account, disable them with the help of these steps—
- Disable Firewall by navigating from ‘Windows Control Panel’ to ‘Windows Firewall.’ Then, click on the “Turn off/on Windows Firewall’ option to finally turn off the Firewall from Windows O.S.
- Disable Antivirus by navigating from ‘Windows Settings’ to ‘Update and
- Security’ and then to ‘Virus and threat Protection’ option. Once there, open the antivirus and turn off its real-time protection toggle switch to finally disable it.
Solution 7: Check the Correct Email Server Settings
- For IMAP server settings—
- Incoming E-mail Server: imap.mail.att.net; Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Email Server: smtp.mail.att.net; Outgoing Port: 465
- For POP server settings—
- Incoming E-mail Server: inbound.att.net; Incoming Port: 995
- Outgoing Email Server: outbound.att.net; Outgoing Port: 465
However, if you still face any further issues with your SBC Global email account, then simply visit the technical websites like ‘Get assist’ in order to get assistance.