For people who are newly getting into blogging and content management, Blogger has to be one of the most obvious choices for the preliminary stages. And why not? The reliable name of Google attached to this blogging site it makes it reliable as well as a crowd-pleasing blogging platform for many. The added perks of setting up a blog in a matter of a couple of minutes and the user-friendly nature only makes it more popular among the users. Despite having so many qualities, one might get lured to migrate website to WordPress and do so rightfully. But why so?
How is WordPress better than Blogger?
- WordPress has taken over the world of blogging and content management by a storm. Holding more than half of the market share for blogging sites, WordPress has built a greater user as well as viewer base.
- WordPress has a large variety of customised themes reaching up to a limit of thousands. The numerable themes and layouts provided by this blogging site it makes it a perfect fit for people who are looking for customised design and structure for their blog or business.
- Unlike a lot of blogging sites which charge a lot of money for some customised settings and themes, WordPress offers a large variety e of options to its users free of cost.
- A self-hosted blog on WordPress makes the writer the owner of the content as well as the domain. That content is then usable by the owner in whichever form he or she wants.
How to change blogging sites from Blogger to WordPress?
The following steps are needed to be taken to migrate website to WordPress:
1. Know which host to trust
A self-hosted WordPress site can be immensely beneficial for your blog. As such, a reliable hosting company needs to be scanned and chosen. These hosting companies are the key to managing the files and lo blogs that are posted on WordPress. It works when WordPress is installed on the hosting service provider. In case of any dilemma or confusion, we are used to resorting to Google for their reviews. It has to be kept in mind that some of the reviews online have been sponsored by the companies themselves. After that, Install WordPress on the host.
2. Transfer the content to WordPress
After the host has been chosen and WordPress has been successfully installed and set up, the next step is to export the data from blogger to the newly created WordPress account. This helps in making sure that the blogs which were available in the previous site are also available to the user to be used at his or her discretion. It is better to save the data on the computer and then send it to WordPress. This is how the user can know the location of the content while sending and also keeps a backup. It can be found in the Downloads folder of the computer.
3. Import the content to WordPress
Now that the job and tasks relating to Blogger are over, we can shift our focus and energy completely on WordPress for the further process of migration. By clicking on ‘Import’ on the ‘Tools’ option, the further process can be initiated by clicking on ‘Install Now’ and then ‘Run Importer’ options. With a click on ‘Update file and Import’, the system will begin to ask the user to assign the names of authors on different contents. The details regarding the presentation of the blog on WordPress are completely dependent upon the user. Finally clicking on ‘Submit’ will post the content on WordPress.
4. Set up the Permalinks on WordPress
The structure of the permalinks should not be messed with if one does not want to lose the base of the current audience. Not changing them not only helps in making the content more approachable and understandable to the users but also shoes common traits with those of the layout available on Blogger. Its ability to make a content SEO friendly makes it significant to the user. The settings in WordPress have an option called ‘Permalinks’. The ‘Month and Name’ should be chosen and then finally click on ‘Save Changes’ for a more viable feature.
5. Make adjustments for your Domain DNS and RSS
A customised name in a domain in Blogger requires changes in the DNS on WordPress. If it is not done, the people visiting a website will not be able to detect your content related to it. The blogger feed also needs some revision. This redirection is needed to present the users to the new WordPress feed. these are all technical changes and the best way to deal with them adequately is to hire WordPress developer. A developer can set up WordPress with such ease and precision that a layman cannot. They are a solid investment in your system of content management.