MBOX is a flexible file format which is supported by multiple email clients including Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Spicebird, Eudora, etc. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook is one of the widely used email service providers that supports PST (Personal Storage Table) format to save the entire mailbox data. Many users prefer Outlook over Thunderbird due to various reasons. Outlook offers a user interactive interface. Now the question comes “how to export Thunderbird to Outlook?” In this article, we will discuss the valuable and best methods to perform Thunderbird to Outlook transfer. We are going to discuss the manual techniques as well as the automated MBOX to PST Converter online solution.
Before proceeding to the methods to “how to import Thunderbird mail into Outlook” let’s first understand some reasons why there is a need for migration.
Reasons to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook
Below we have mentioned some basic reasons why users want to convert MBOX to PST format of Outlook. Go through the reasons for better understanding of migration.
- MS Outlook offers better control and more security features.
- PST is an advanced file format.
- Outlook supports exchange accounts.
- PST supports multiple types of data.
How to Export Thunderbird to Outlook Using Manual Steps
The manual technique to import Thunderbird emails to Outlook is quite lengthy so, we have divided the method into three steps. Follow each step carefully as there might be some risk of human error.
Step 1: Save MBOX Files as EML Files
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird application.
- Right click on folder and choose the New Folder option.
- Click on the Create Folder button.
- Select the MBOX messages to convert MBOX to PST and move them to newly created folder.
- All emails are now present in the new folder.
- Now, select all the emails and then choose save as option.
- Emails will get saved in EML format.
Step 2: Drag and Drop to MS Outlook
Select the exported EML files and drag and drop them to the Outlook folder.
Step 3: Export Emails to PST Files
In this step, the user needs to export the entire saved EML data in Outlook to the PST file format of Outlook.
- Click on the File tab.
- Choose the Open & Export option.
- Select Import/Export option.
- Choose Export to a File option.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Select the Folder where your EML files are saved.
- Define the location to save the new PST file.
- Lengthy and more time-consuming process.
- Good technical knowledge and Outlook knowledge is required.
- Batch conversion is not possible.
- Risk of data alteration during migration.
- High risk of data loss.
How to Export Thunderbird to Outlook Using Professional Technique
Professional automated techniques are more reliable and trusted in comparison with the manual approaches. We have seen limitations with the manual strategies, so to avoid all these limitations users can opt for any smart utility available. DRS MBOX to PST Converter is an advanced solution for MBOX to PST conversion. The software is able to convert MBOX to PST, PDF, EML, MSG, HTML, OST, CSV, TXT, Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Live Exchange, Office 365, etc. It supports MBOX files created by 20+ email clients such as Apple mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, Spicebird, etc. It allows users to easily import other mailbox items including contacts, emails, calendar, etc. The free MBOX Converter demo version is also available to evaluate the performance of the software.
In this article above, we have discussed how to export Thunderbird to Outlook without any worries. There are numerous methods available but it is always suggested by experts to opt for a trusted and well known technique. Manual strategies have several limitations so it is highly suggested to use the advanced professional solution to avoid all limitations.