ZF Friedrichshafen AG which is also known as ZF or ZF Group is a German company specializing in manufacturing car parts. Headquartered in Friedrichshafen, Wurttemberg, ZF is a well-known name in the automotive industry because it specializes in research and development, engineering and manufacturing of premium car parts. Backed by a special research and development team, innovation and manufacturing excellence this reputed car part maker is also involved in sectors like aviation, defense, marine, and rail industries. This company has been able to carve its name in the market because of the unique ZF transmissions.
The new ZF 8 speed automatic transmission is an innovative, efficient and perfected transmission which focuses on minimizing the consumption of fuel. The innovative design of this new transmission has made it lightweight and it’s one of the most proficient and flexible transmissions in the market today that not only focuses on speed but also on the fuel consumption. ZF transmission is a revolutionary product and it truly displays the power of innovative thinking. This transmission is widely used in a variety of sports cars and luxury sedans because of the performance. The creative design of this transmission ensures that speed and comfort are not hampered in any circumstances.
In the year 2017, ZF had to build around 3.5 million 8HP 8-speed automatic transmissions for many car manufacturers who need no introduction. Reputed car manufacturers like Jaguar Land Rover, Fiat Chrysler, Volkswagen Group, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, and BMW are using the transmissions made by ZF.
Advantages of ZF Transmission:
- The fresh gear set design focuses on increasing the efficiency of the transmission as the drag loss is minimized due to the four gear sets and five shift elements.
- Along with a focus on process excellence, there is a way to increase fuel savings using this technology. The installation of hydraulic impulse oil storage gives room for start and stop function thus resulting in fuel saving.
- This innovative technology has sharpened the vehicle performance. The quick response time is possible because of the installation of an integrated transmission control unit.
- This revolutionary transmission design makes it an apt product to be used right from luxury sports cars to every type of SUV. This design can also be used for every off-roading vehicle and even lower midsize cars.
- It can easily billet the torque productivity from a mere low of around 162 pound-feet to a maximum of around 770 pounds per feet.
- A perfect transmission for rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive designs are provided.
These have the ability to convert the torque for an electric motor. This has allowed many car manufacturers just like BMW, to manufacture hybrid variants by simply modifying the drivetrain. The 7.0 transmission ratio spread which is on a higher side ensures a better acceleration and also improves the fuel economy of the vehicle. This transmission also keeps the engine in its prime and in perfect operating range. You need to get a thorough knowledge before you invest in any beast car.
This technology has pioneered to reduce fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. It is also ideal for mid-size cars as it saves at least 3 % more fuel and lesser carbon dioxide protects the environment from unnecessary pollution. This transmission technology is efficient and dynamic. This new transmission is designed in such a way that it can even be used by new 3-8 cylinder engines which are considered the future trend. The functioning of the cars is controlled perfectly in coordination with the gear. Cars that are already using innovative 8-speed automatic transmission are extremely happy with the overall performance which comprises improved speed, fuel savings and sharpened efficiency at its best.