Though it is easy to fall in love and get married the most difficult part is to stay in love and to stay happy with your partner throughout the entire life. The main relationship stumbles are as follows:
- You are no more to care the way you used to care before for your partner.
- If the spark and charm of the relationship have gone and everything has changed from excitement to boredom
- If every disagreement of the relationship is turning into the argument with each passing day
- If your relationship has come to stage from sacrificing for your partner to self-preservation
- When your relationship turns from “when I love worthlessly” to “Is you are worthy of the love”?
- From having full focus on relationship to changing the interests to the outer world more than your relationship
- When we just don’t want the same things anymore and we have lost our interest in spending time with our partner
These are the stumbles present in every relation. Over some time, the charm and spark of a relationship start fading away and it is the time when you need to take interest in your relationship so that you can bring the same spark to your relation back again. If you are also the one who is not happy with your relationship then these 6 steps will bring a major change to your relationship.
- If possible go back to the beginning of the relationship
Remember those moments of your relationship when you first fall in love with your partner, when you love to talk to each other a lot, when both of you get attracted to each other and when both of you have the most valuable and happy time with each other. Try to remember all those moments with your partner to bring back the spark of your relationship again.
- Evaluate the stage of your current relationship
It is time to talk to each other honestly. Remember that the foundation of a good relationship is good communication. Healthy communication is the key to a happy relationship. Online Gottman marriage therapy suggests that you discuss both the positives and the negatives of your relationship so you can evaluate the stage of your current relationship so that you can focus on what is going wrong in your relationship and can correct it at the right time. This is the most important step that can make a relationship grow stronger and happier.
- What was the reason for your drift?
It is time to recollect all the smaller conflicts and moments that are the reason behind your drift. Knowing those reasons will help resolve the problems and stumbles.
- Why you have not recovered after a stumble?
If you pay attention to what has made a drift between you and what is the reason behind the distance comes in between you helps you to recover it. The reasons behind the stumbles can be any like you don’t want to go vulnerable or you have already accepted the situation like it is going. It is time to know the root cause behind the relationship stumble so you can resolve it and can bring a happier relation again.
- What you both want from each other to bring back the beauty and charm of your relation
It is the most important step to know what your partner is expecting from you. You should know what your partner wants from you. Talk to each other with complete honesty to know one another to the deepest so you can understand what you have to give to your partner so both of you can live a happier life.
- If a stumble occurs in the future then what will you do
Now, you have resolved all the stumbles of your relationship but if it occurs in the future then what will you do. Discuss with one another to resolve it before the problem arises. According to online Gottman marriage therapy, good communication is the key to a good and healthy relationship so, whenever conflicts and other stumbles arise in your relation, make sure you talk to each other and resolve the conflicts without getting into an argument.