Each year, millions of mobile apps are developed, considering almost little kids to seniors are using smartphones. As a result, it can be highly essential to get your app in front of your targeted audience. So if you don’t know how to market your app, it’s like a closed book to you.
When it comes to marketing a website, it is simple compared to mobile apps. It uses some SEO tactics, some content marketing, some social media marketing, and BOOM, you are famous. But with the mobile apps, it’s like a whole new ball game. You need to learn comprehensive mobile app marketing strategies to go on a long road in this ever-evolving competitive landscape.
Some statistics are revealing various mobile app downloads globally from 2016 to 2020.
How to market your app when there is a sea of choices for the users?
With digital transformation, the marketing of mobile apps on digital platforms is being more convenient compared to traditional strategies. Here are some tactics that would help you to successfully launch and promote your app among dozens of others.
#1. Before Launching an App
- Distinguish key goals and recognize your target audience.
- Perform thorough keyword research that aids in more traffic, more downloads, and higher engagement.
- Decide on an app release date that will help in scheduling great promotional strategies.
- Develop a landing page/website that would be useful to collect data and glimpses on the target market.
- Take actions to outreach targeted audiences by contacting PR firms, bloggers, influencers, and more before initiating the promotion of an app.
- Make your presence among all the social media and Q&A platforms on which your targeted users are available pretty much all the time.
- Incorporate an app analytics section in the app to keep track of key metrics (bounce rate, daily active users, time in-app, session duration and interval, and CPA). You can optimize the strategies according to gathered data to attain enhanced results.
- Make sure to leverage the content, link building, guest blogging, cross-promotions, and rank for appropriate keywords to get long-term traffic with the SEO strategies.
- Create a demo video to highlight what your products and services are all about.
- Take advantage of personalized links in emails and CTAs in your posts and website, to make it easy for everyone to share and refer to your app.
#2. App Store Optimization (ASO)
- Optimize the title by making it unique yet descriptive.
- Optimize keywords by focusing on relevancy and search volume.
- Optimize the description and make the first few sentences an ad copy.
- Optimize visuals by making more intuitive icons and customized screenshots.
#3. After Launching an App
- Build credibility and reliability to gain more downloads and add value to your app by applying for the awards.
- Involve with some concepts like different contests and giveaways to attract more users to your app. Offer incentives/bonus codes for free credits or friend invitations. It will assist in greater visibility.
- Get your app reviewed professionally by some ideal websites such as TechCrunch, Mashable, FeedMyApp, ProductHunt, AppAdvice, and others.
- Localize your mobile app by exceeding all the boundaries of a language. Make use of native language according to the region along with English to ensure the app’s success.
- Promote your app on search engines and in-app ads by leveraging PPC (Pay-per-click) strategies.
- Launch email campaigns to improve the acquisition rate.
- Encourage people and ask them for the app reviews.
- Show off your app features to tech enthusiasts on HackerNews and ProductHunt to place your app recognition to the next level. Your app will be getting noticed by prospective investors, developers, and users.
- Take advantage of affiliate marketing programs that utilize external partners/collaborators to urge promising leads to action.
- To engage your target audience, leverage push notifications.
- Address each review, especially negative ones as they can expel many users if not responded correctly.
- Focus on how your app has changed the way people are living by telling success stories.
- Do not oversell. You can not falsely promote your app as word of mouth is the most effective strategy for marketing. Make sure to not over-promise any frustrated user.
- Utilize QR code, one of the greatest ways to publicize nowadays. You can add your unique QR code to your business card, in emails, storefront windows, into your website, your brochure, and every other aspect you feel it is necessary to keep.
- Provide app download links to your website.
- If you need to drive high-quality links and traffic, comment on several blogs which are relevant to your industry by adding your mobile app’s landing page link into it.
- Keep your app elaborating with the advanced technology by rolling out new updates consistently and let your users know about it.
- If you do not have any mobile app, thinking to develop one, curious about how to spread the word about it, first start with the buildfire. It is a quick and easy way where you can build an app with unlimited customization. You don’t have to be a developer to build a robust mobile app.
Covid-19 and Mobile App Marketing
When marketing the apps has been a prime concern for each business after the mobility revolution, the Covid-19 is bringing new attention and hope in hell to app developers. This pandemic has forced numerous organizations to rethink old-school communication methods, business processes, and the structure in which they were working. It can cause the rise of mobile app marketing technologies. Businesses have already started to speculate post-Covid-19 trends.
Things that would be trending post-covid-19
It is essential for brands to uplevel their marketing strategy as a growing number of individuals are spending half the time on apps means brands are getting a higher opportunity to target their audience. AR and VR trends have also begun to make an impact on the users in the pandemic.
There is stiff competition in the market for different category apps such as fitness apps, education apps, food delivery apps, finance apps, news apps, entertainment apps, social networking apps, home improvement, and DIY apps.
User reviews and ratings are becoming essential to choose an app that delivers a unique user experience among the other 5 million apps.
As more people are downloading apps, new brands can get possibilities to accelerate their success process.
Mobile technology is becoming a lifesaver for many and there has never been a right time to invest in mobile app marketing activities.
How incredible you think your mobile app might be, if no one knows about it and can’t find it in the relevant app stores, it will most likely be a failure. To overpower app marketing concerns, we have shown you the tips to keep an eye on.
Launching an app is a process performed once, but there is a lot on your plate with mobile app development. Keep assessing and updating your app marketing strategies to address your business goal.