Quality traffic is the “heart and soul” of any website. Whether a private blog or an e-commerce venture, everyone wants and need the digital masses to know what they have in store for them. In the World Wide Web, user traffic is synonymous with wealth. The equation is quite simple,
MORE TRAFFIC = MORE VISITORS = MORE DOMAIN AUTHORITY = HIGHER SEARCH RANKINGS = HIGHER CHANCES OF ENGAGEMENT & SALES
It is the crux of all digital marketing strategies such as SEO, CRM, ORM, etc. and a symbol of success for a website.
Acquiring website traffic is no easy feat, however. Driving large amounts of traffic to a website requires intelligent implementation of appropriate online marketing strategies, careful planning and dedicated effort. And, while there are no shortcuts, there are some potent tricks that can bring home more traffic with consistency.
So, what can help websites gain massive traffic? Read on and find out!
Potent Tricks To Drive Better Traffic to Your Website
According to a research article by the Content Marketing Institute in 2020, 63% of content marketing professionals across different industries struggle with assimilating resources. They struggle to formulate strategies to drive better traffic as well.
As a result, businesses resort to publishing and republishing blogs, releasing social media posts and initiating e-mailer campaigns to lure in the audience. Still, the uncertainties involved are too prominent and their effectiveness too varied.
The following techniques and ideas can boost the effectiveness of any campaign looking to drive better website traffic, generate better leads and improve ROI.
- Better Content Matters
Inbound marketing tactics such as content marketing is one of the best ways to attract a targeted audience.
- Coming up with the right kind of content to attract the right traffic to a website requires one to understand the targeted buyer personas.
- Learning what your audience needs and wants is essential if you want to create something that will appeal to their senses and purpose.
- Implement SEO strategies to discover what’s trending in your domain and what your audience is looking for.
- Keyword & domain-specific searches via platforms such as BuzzSumo, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, etc., can reveal unique insights.
- Interact with the audience through webinars, outreach programs, online questionnaires, feedback, etc., to get a better understanding of their intent.
- Write on your own, delegate your team or hire professional content writers to create your content. Ensure that it is flawless, unique and engaging.
- Publish the blog and employ SEO tools to showcase it to the maximum amount of your targeted audience.
- Promotion and marketing are key. Promote your blog across all feasible and essential channels, such as social media, email, etc., to let the world know and initiate the cascading effect of more traffic & higher rank.
Blog content ranks among the best inbound digital marketing strategies that ropes in large amounts of high-quality traffic.
- Target Topics That Drive Traffic
According to Ahrefs, a leading name in the digital marketing and SEO industry, their blogs attract upwards of 230000 visitors per month and counts as their second-best marketing channel, next to word-of-mouth.
- Searching for high-volume & low competition keywords is an easy way to create content that can attract traffic volumes. Many online tools allow keyword-focused searches across the Web and reveal insights such as search volume, keyword difficulty, cost per click, and other SEO metrics.
Ahrefs, Moz, BuzzSumo are some of the most popular platforms offering powerful keyword and topic explorer tools for content research, albeit at a price.
- Determine the business value that content on a particular topic will rope in. HIGH TRAFFIC IS OF NO USE IF IT DOESN’T CONVERT INTO SALES. Have a good idea of whether the content will push readers to engage with your products/services or click on affiliate ads.
The best topics are those that balance high traffic potential, low competition and high business value perfectly.
- Grab Social Media Traffic
Social networking sites are almost equivalent to a treasure trove for marketers. Leveraging social media traffic for your primary website is a well-established and effective strategy.
- Sites such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., offer numerous features to help businesses and website owners link content offers on their site with social media pages & web chats like Facebook Messenger. YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest are other great places to grab traffic using targeted content.
- Delivering VALUE through your content is of paramount importance. Nobody will spend that single dime or second on something that does not appeal to or feel worthwhile to them.
- Relationship and community management are other vital aspects. Staying proactively available on social media and interacting with users will undoubtedly help them appreciate your brand more. Reply to comments, encourage them to converse and diversify your posts for the best results.
- Target Relevant Online Communities
Online groups and communities can be the perfect place to go hunting for traffic. For example, Facebook, Reddit, Slack, WordPress, Flickr, Goodreads, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc., have diverse, dedicated communities worldwide.
- A tactful and systematic approach is necessary. Focus on delivering quality content and cultivate a close-knit relationship with the community, slowly gaining trust. With time and effort, you will indeed find community members flocking to your website.
- Getting quality traffic with high business potential consistently takes time and hard work. Build a friendly relationship but never spam or bug someone for engagement as that will mar your reputation, perhaps irreparably.
Inbound traffic from groups and communities that trust you can be the most valuable kind of website traffic.
- Gain Quality Backlinks
Search engines such as Google have a virtual monopoly on the Internet. The public trusts Google, and as a result, its search algorithms, ranking techniques and rules & regulations have become the law of the digital land.
If you want more than organic traffic, you need your website to rank high in Google’s SERPs.
- SEO strategies and search engine marketing offer a range of effective tactics for rising the ranks. According to Google’s policies, websites with top quality backlinks can boost SERP position considerably. So, get links from high authority websites to link to your website and build your domain authority.
- High quality backlinks boost ranking as well as drive referral traffic. Therefore, as your website gains more and more quality backlinks, SERP ranks will increase, and so will the amount of organic web traffic.
- Optimize Your Content & Reduce Bounce Rates
Search engine optimization shall always remain one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to a website. However, tactics and methods have changed over time, just as Google changed its search engines’ underlying search & ranking algorithms.
- The introduction of AI led to massive transformations, and the Google HUMMINGBIRD core update changed everything about SEO.
Semantic analyses of web page content through cutting edge Natural Language Processing techniques allow Google to understand the topic and subject.
The latest core algorithm update was the WEB VITALS update that ranks websites according to the user experience. It started rolling out on 1st July 2021 and has since been fully integrated.
- Google does not just look for keywords anymore but determines what the content is all about. Optimizing content with LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords can help the search engine understand the topic and purpose of the content better. These are words or phrases that relate to your target keyword and, thereby, the subject of your content.
Numerous online tools are now available to help search for LSI matches. The LSI Graph is one such great free tool.
- Another critical factor to keep in mind is a website’s bounce rates. High bounce rates damage SEO, page views, traffic and conversions. Bounce Rate is a vital metric in Google rankings, but improving bounce is relatively easy.
There are a few simple but highly effective ways to keep visitors hooked and reduce bounce rates.
- Use bucket brigades, which are bridge words & phrases that address the reader and encourages readers to continue further.
- Avoid disrupting your user experience by pop-ups and other interfering aspects.
- Improve webpage design, navigability and content readability.
- Create compelling Call To Action that grab attention.
- Fresh and quality content is a must.
Key Takeaway: High quality content, careful planning, focused research, and dedicated effort are necessary if you want people to come and keep on coming to your website, all the while driving your revenues upwards.
Hope this article acts as a handy resource for everyone looking to boost their website traffic to the skies.
And that rounds up this write-up. Come back next time for more interesting articles on a variety of trending topics.