Are you searching for reliable ways to export IMAP to PST file format? Then you are landed on the right page. Here, in this write-up, we are going to cover all the possible solutions to backup IMAP to PST. Here, we first get the manual steps and the Professional IMAP Migration Tool to save IMAP emails into PST file format.
IMAP is abbreviated as Internet Message Access Protocol. The most well-known email providers make use of it. Some of the well-known email services that use IMAP are Gmail, Yahoo, Zoho Mail, iCloud, and AWS. Email clients retrieve mailbox data from the server via IMAP. But there is always the presence of data loss in email clients that’s why it is necessary to take the backup of IMAP to PST.
Why It is Required to Export IMAP to PST Format
These are some main reasons due to which users want to backup IMAP to PST:-
- A backup of the data is provided by exporting data as.pst files, which is a precaution for data security.
- The user can avoid problems with network connectivity, server connection, etc. by having data in.pst files. Access to local disk/system data is always available.
- Users also have the option of password protection for.pst files. The.pst file’s password can be readily set.
Methods to Backup IMAP Email to PST
Here are some best methods to export IMAP to PST. In this you will get two manual steps and one Professional tool to export IMAP emails to PST file format. Let’s start with the manual steps first:-
# Method:1 Backup IMAP Mailbox Data into Outlook
- Launch Outlook then configures an IMAP account with MS Outlook.
- After then, In the upper left corner, select the File option.
- Go with the Open & Export option and click on the Import/Export option.
- The Import and Export Wizard will appear. Choose Export to a file as your action here.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and click on Next.
- Select the mailbox you wish to export right now and click on the Next button.
- Using the Browse button allocate the destination where you want to save.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to export IMAP to PST.
# Method 2: Change IMAP Settings to POP
Another way to backup IMAP to PST is changing the IMAP Setting to POP. Follow these steps to do so.
- Change the IMAP to the POP3 setting in Outlook.
- After that, manually edit the account using the proper Server Settings.
- Now All of the IMAP account’s emails will be in the PST file format.
These manual steps are free of cost but has some limitations that make them less reliable to use. Some of the main drawbacks are:-
- These approaches require lots of time and patience from the users.
- Users without technical expertise cannot perform these steps easily.
- There is always the presence of crucial data loss while performing these steps.
To avoid these drawbacks experts have always recommend to use Professional tools. One of the best tools to opt for backup IMAP emails into PST is the IMAP MIgration Tool.
# Method 3:- Professional Tool to Export IMAP Emails to PST.
You can try the IMAP Migration tool to save IMAP emails to PST. It allows users to back up IMAP mailbox items into a PST, PDF, EML, HTML TXT, DOC, and Other formats. Additionally, it offers a feature to preview the mailbox folder of the IMAP account. It also allows users to save and import emails, contacts, calendars, etc., making it distinct in the market. By using this tool you can migrate IMAP to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo mail etc. email clients. This utility provides multiple advanced features to its users that make the conversion process reliable and effective.
We hope that your query is resolved here. In this article, we have described the reasons why users want to export IMAP to PST. After then mentioned, all the steps of the manual approaches in detail. But if manual steps do not provide satisfactory results then you can go for the Professional tool.