Windows 10 drivers for almost every basic functionality your system performs. Audio is one of the essential elements of the system and Realtek HD audio drivers are the most used in the world. These drivers are used to manage the sound settings of the audio installed on your windows system.
And Realtek HD Audio Manager comes bundled along with the drivers and the audio manager is used to change the audio profiles of the system. The Realtek audio drivers come with a ton of functionalities such as six-channel Digital to Analog with 16, 20, and 24 pulse code modulation.
Basically, the drivers allow us to ease the sound control on the computer and push high-quality audio through the sound hardware installed on the system. In simple terms, the Realtek audio drivers are there to enhance the sound experience of the users without spending a penny.
If you are having difficulty in audio experience on your system, you might want to reinstall the audio drivers. The process is simple and easy, it won’t take much time.
In this article, we are providing the details about how you can reinstall the audio drivers on your system and enhance the experience.
Let’s get started.
Download and reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager
You must uninstall the currently installed on the system before beginning the process of installing the latest drivers.
Use these steps to uninstall the currently installed audio drivers.
- You have to open the Device Manager by searching for it in the start menu.
- Now, expand the ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’ section from the list.
- You will see Realtek HD audio in there, right-click on that and tap on Uninstall device from the menu.
- A pop window will occur asking for confirmation, click on the Uninstall button to proceed with the uninstallation process.
These steps will uninstall the Realtek audio drivers from your computer. And now, you have to download and install the latest drivers on your computer.
Let’s look at how to download and install the Realtek HD audio drivers.
- First, you have to open the official Realtek Website and navigate your way to the Downloads page.
- Once you reach the Downloads page, click on the High Definition Audio Codecs software.
- This will start downloading the latest audio driver for your computer. (You have to make sure that you select the right driver software that is compatible with your computer.
- Once the downloading is complete, open the download folder and double click on the recently downloaded file.
- It will start the installer and then, you have to follow a few on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
When you are through with these steps, you will be able to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager on your system. As we’ve mentioned above, you would need to search for Realtek HD Audio Manager in the PC, open it and start using it.
But there are times when you might encounter unforeseen errors with the audio manager even when you truly follow all the instructions truly. Here are a few things that you need to know about the HD drivers to resolve future issues.
Enable the Audio Manager in Startup – Enable the audio manager for a startup, you can do that using the Task Manager. Open the task manager and navigate to the Startup tab. Right-click on the Realtek HD audio manager and select enable from the menu.
Update the driver – if you are getting the error after a few months of the reinstallation, you should update the software.
You have to open Device Manager for that and expand the sound section. Now right click on the Realtek audio and choose update driver from the menu. Then, you can either choose to download and install the file by yourself or search the internet automatically for drivers.
You must restart the system after you’ve completed each of these steps because the system needs to update these changes in the registry. Most likely one of these things will solve all your audio problems in the system and you’ll be able to play any audio with high-quality output.
So, this way you can download and install Realtek high definition audio drivers on your computer system.