Are you bored with your old username? Or have you planned to ditch your Gmail account completely? So, I might tell you that deleting a Gmail account is pretty simple.
If you delete your Gmail account permanently, you will lose access to all your personal emails stored in your account. However, you will still be able to access the Google drive, calendar, Google Play, Photos and other Google account services associated with your email. You must remember that the same email address will not be permitted to be used by anyone else in the future.
If you think there is something important in sending and receiving emails from your Gmail account, then you must take a backup of the mails before deleting your account permanently. There are two different methods by which you can fetch all your emails in your Gmail account. Either you can transfer all the mails manually within an Email program or you can use Gmail itself to back up the mails.
If you are using the same Gmail account for online banking or any other useful applications, then you must remember to change your email address in those applications before closing this one.
In the process of your account deletion, you may be required to enter the password numerous times. Although, it is quite easy to close Gmail account for which you need to follow some simple steps.
Process of Deleting the Gmail Account
- Go to the option of “Google Account Settings” in your Gmail account.
- Click on the option of “Data & Personalization”.
- In the dropdown menu of “Data & Personalization”, scroll down to the option of “Delete a service or your account” and click on the same.
Note- If you want to delete your Gmail account along with the search history, Ad words, AdSense and Google Docs, then you must select the option of “Delete Google Account and Data”.
- On the next page, you have to click on the “Delete a service” option.
- After this, you need to sign into your Gmail Account.
- Then you have to select all those services you want to delete associated with your Google account on the next page.
- Enter an alternate email address other than the Gmail address of the account you are in process to delete in the Google dialogue box of “How you’ll sign into Google”.
- Then click on the option of “Send Verification Email”.
- Now open the verification mail sent to you from Google on the Email address provided by you. The subject of the verification mail will be “Gmail Deletion Confirmation” or “Security Alert for your Linked Google Account”.
- Click on the link available in the mail.
- Then you again need to sign into the Gmail account you want to delete.
- In the dialogue box of “Confirm Gmail Deletion”, just click on “Yes, I want to delete [email protected] permanently for my Google Account”.
- Then click on “Delete Gmail” and finally click on the option of “Done”.
Email status of the Deleted Gmail Account
All the emails that were stored in your account will be deleted permanently after following the above-written steps unless and until you have taken a backup of those emails.
If anyone tries to send an Email to the same Gmail address, then they will receive a “delivery failure message”.
Time Required to Delete the Gmail Account
There is no specified time given by Google to completely block your Gmail account. However, once you hit on the “Delete Gmail” button, you can never sign in again to the same account.
So, before deleting your Gmail account on a permanent basis, ensure that you have not left any important data or email in your Google Account.