Summary: Are you looking to export Lotus Notes mailboxes into Outlook PST format? You came on the right page. This technical blog describes the different methods to convert NSF to PST format. You can opt for the more suitable solution, either using the manual way or a third-party NSF to PST Converter.
Nowadays, IBM/Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are the most popular email clients. However, users need to Convert NSF to PST in certain situations, but this conversion is not possible directly into Outlook PST because of different database file formats. Before moving toward our topic, let’s discuss why the Outlook PST format is more capable of switching.
Outlook PST file is an Outlook data file to store items such as messages, events, Calendars, tasks, etc. These PST files are supported in different Microsoft platforms like Microsoft Exchange Clients, Windows Messaging, and MS Outlook.
Why do users Need to Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST?
There are numerous reasons to export NSF files to PST. Some of them are listed below:
- Outlook is more cost-effective than Lotus Notes.
- You can configure multiple accounts simultaneously in MS Outlook.
- MS Outlook provides offline activity to its mailboxes
- The data management facility in Microsoft Outlook is superior in terms of security.
How to Convert NSF to PST Free Manually?
Unfortunately, there is no immediate solution to convert the NSF file to PST format. However, after analyzing and researching various popular journals, we recommend performing the NSF to PST conversion in two simple parts. But before starting the process, keep a backup of all your Lotus Notes NSF files because sometimes the files get damaged at the time of conversion.
- Export NSF files to CSV Format
- Import CSV files into MS Outlook
Steps to Export NSF Files to CSV Format
- Run the IBM Lotus Notes Application on your system.
- Now go to the File, then click on the Open button.
- Here, browse the NSF file and tap on the Open button.
- Now go to the File menu and click on Export.
- The Export wizard sets the file name, destination, and saving format as CSV.
- Finally, click on the Export button to save the NSF files into CSV.
Steps to Import CSV Files into MS Outlook
- Run MS Outlook on your computer.
- Go to the File Menu and Click on Open & Export>Import/Export.
- An Import & Export dialogue box pop on your screen; choose Import from another program or file, then tap on the Next button.
- Here choose CSV as the file type and click on the Next button.
- Now, Browse the CSV files you exported previously and select the options per your need.
- Choose the Outlook folder where you want to save the exported data file and press the Next button.
- Click on Finish once you have selected the given checkbox.
- Finally, the “CSV” file gets imported into “MS Outlook.”
Also Read: Download Gmail Emails To Your Computer
Limitations of Manual Method
- High chances of data loss during the migration process
- Time-consuming method for the non-technical users
- The NSF files may become corrupt if the conversion is not done properly.
- Can convert only one NSF file at a time.
- Attachments migration is not reliable in this method.
Professional Method to Convert NSF to PST File Quickly
If the methods mentioned above don’t work for you or you face any limitations in converting NSF to PST, opt for the professional Sysinfo NSF to PST Converter Tool that experts recommend to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST. It makes it easy to convert NSF items (emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes) into Outlook PST. The NSF data files can be unencrypted and exported directly into Outlook PST formats using this software. Learn more about how to convert EDB to PST?
Key Features of NSF to PST Converter
- The software is 100% reliable and secure.
- Capable enough for bulk migration of NSF files to MS Outlook
- Allows users to convert NSF files into multiple file formats.
- Advance feature to remove duplicate items from the selected NSF files.
- It offers an option to convert multiple NSF files into PST simultaneously.
In this technical guide, you’ll learn different solutions to convert NSF to PST file format. A manual solution involves exporting NSF data to CSV and then importing the same file into Outlook using Import/Export functionality. On the other hand, Professional NSF to PST Converter is the best tool to convert NSF to PST with 100% data accuracy. You can go with the solution you prefer, the best one for you.
Question: How do I open an NSF file in Outlook?
Answer: With the help of Sysinfo NSF to PST Converter, you can easily open an NSF file in Outlook with ease.
Question: How do I export Lotus Notes from Outlook?
Answer: To export Lotus Notes from Outlook, you must first export NSF files into CSV format and then import them into MS Outlook.
Question: Can Outlook Open Lotus Notes Archive?
Answer: Yes, but first, you have to convert NSF to PST File.