Python happens to be the shark in the pool of coding languages both in terms of functionality as well as popularity.
First conceptualised in the late 80s, Python which is named after Monty Python, has developed a cult status and with its 2.0 release it is now an open source platform.
Created by Guido van Rossum, Python happens to be the hot favourite amongst both the programmers as well as the web developers because of its strong emphasis on efficiency and readability.
The greatest advantage of this language is that it is quite easy to learn especially when compared with the languages like C++, Java and PHP. As a result of that, Python is quite apt for the beginners.
From simple to complicated ones, Python has been used for a variety of projects across the industries which include healthcare, travel, finance, transportation and many others like software scripting, testing and generation as well as web development.
The topmost companies that use Python include Instagram, Disqus and Spotify.
Nevertheless, there are those who believe that Python is a tad bit old-fashioned. But give it a thought that despite its pitfalls, there must be some reason why Python has survived for so long.
Let’s explore the advantages and disadvantages of Python software to evaluate how good it is!
Ways in Which Python Benefits
- Simple and Easy to Learn – The code written by Python is quite simple and because of its uncomplicated syntax a lot of new users can learn the language faster. What’s more, this one also facilitates better visualization through charts and plots which make it easier to comprehend information and create easy-to-understand reports.
- Asynchronous Coding – In case of Python you won’t find research contention, deadlocks or other issues and you can effortlessly write asynchronous coding. You can solve problems faster with this as each unit of the code runs separately.
- Standard Library Support – Python’s library comes with a huge number of codes that are pre-written. For continuous data processing in ML or Machine Learning, the programmers can access these for handling and transforming the data.
- Multiple Platform Support – Python also supports multiple platforms and systems.
- Simplified OOP – OOP or Object Oriented Prototyping gets simplified in Python that makes development less time-consuming and costly.
- Multiple Frameworks for Simplified Development – Python comes with many frameworks that simplify the process of development like Django, Pyramid, Flask etc. Django is the most popular one to be used for the web development.
- Scalable and Effortless – This is scalable and you can expand the most complex applications easily with this.
- Easy Integration with Other Languages – It integrates easily with other languages.
- In-built Testing Framework – For enabling fastest workflows and set debugging time, Python provides in-built testing framework.
- Open-Source – Python comes with an open source license and that makes it more accessible to the users. It provides unlimited modifications and enables redistribution. Developers can use the language freely and make contributions towards its improvement.
Python’s Pitfalls to Look Out For
Like every other good thing, Python also comes with its own set of disadvantages. Take a look.
- Lack of Seasoned Developers – Most experienced developers are always in demand when you want an app created. But with Python that is not achieved easily as you won’t find many experts working with this program especially when compared with Java.
- True Multiprocessor Support Missing – Python lacks the true multiprocessor support.
- Limitations in Speed – Python is often criticized for its speed which occurs because it is an interpreted script language.
- Not the Go-to Language for Mobile Apps – This is not the first choice for the memory intensive tasks and mobile apps.
- Database Access Limitations – This one comes with database access limitations
- Design Limitation – Parallelism and concurrency are not for elegant usage in Python. So the design may not look as refined as you would want.
- Limited One Line Functions – The one-line functions feel limited to a great extent in case of Python when it comes to meta-programming like the ones in LISP.
From small project to the complex ones, Python enables you to develop simple and clear apps that are easy to understand. This is applicable for everyone whether you are a business owner or a newbie in programming.
However whether you require Python or not depends on a plenitude of factors and comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons can assist you to decide that.
Nevertheless the experts of reputed web designing company suggest that it is one of the best programming languages for the start-ups as Python is scalable and flexible and does not call for a huge team and can be used for building prototypes.
Make your choice after keeping in mind all these points so that you can get the desirable outcome for your business.