SEO for Healthcare is the single-most important online marketing tool to ensure a steady stream of leads for your healthcare businesses. Medical and health-related queries are commonly searched for on Google. With innovative healthcare SEO strategies, you can easily channelize such queries to generate more traffic to your website.
Be it for hospitals, clinics, medical practitioners, diagnostic centres, online counselling, or any other type of healthcare establishment, having a well-optimized website in sync with the requirements of your potential patients, help you can find their website here race ahead of competitors.
Here are the top 7 SEO India strategies to boost your healthcare website’s performance:-
- Conduct a Competitor Analysis in addition to your Site Audit – It is common knowledge that any systematic online marketing campaign begins with an extensive website audit. Auditing the SEO parameters of your website aside, analysing the websites of more successful competitors is also an important SEO strategy. From their link-building methods to their choice of keywords and content, there is a lot that you can learn from competitor’s websites and implement some of the best practices on your website.
- Focus on Building High-Value Backlinks – Google accords very high importance to backlinks from reputed sites. On the contrary, you must pay heed to the most common SEO India expert advice that black-hat methods of link-building might fetch temporary results, but your site will eventually get penalized. So focus on the slow and steady method of soliciting genuine backlinks authority sites in the healthcare sector. A digital marketing team that specializes in SEO for healthcare can help you build valuable backlinks using white-hat methods.
- Post Unique Content regularly– As a healthcare service provider, your patients would naturally look up to you for advice on various medical aspects. With new research and updates coming out almost every day, Google users spend a lot of time looking up various medical terminologies. Therefore, if you put up relevant, engaging, and well-researched posts on your website regularly, it will enhance user experience and draw in higher organic traffic to your website.
- Incorporate Localized Landing Pages– Local SEO tactics have proven to be immensely successful for the healthcare industry. This is primarily because a large number of patients search for doctors and other healthcare service providers in their city or a specific area in a city. If you have a city-wise optimized landing page with the particular search queries as keywords utilized systematically, the chances of your featuring on top of local search results get much higher. Ensure that your local landing page offers all the necessary information required by the end-user. Put up FAQs and detailed contact information for their benefit, along with Google Maps location.
- Responsive Web Design– For healthcare start-ups that are about to get their website developed and designed, the single-most-important piece of advice would be to get a responsive web design that can be easily viewed and navigated by end-users, irrespective of the screen size. Google has time and again mentioned the user experience parameter being of prime importance in its website ranking factors. Therefore a mobile-friendly website is a must to generate more traffic. Don’t ignore Internal Link Building- Very often it has been observed that website owners tend to pay more attention to building external links for recognition from Google. But your website’s internal linking is also a crucial factor based on which search engines rank your website. So get your site’s internal linking structure in order. Ascertain the linking of all category and sub-category pages to the home page. Add contextual links inside the text wherever required, so that users and search engine bots know which page is of high relevance and assign page ranks accordingly. Incorporate a sitemap so that search engines can comprehend the internal linking and navigational structure of your website with ease.
- Track and review Analytics at regular intervals– Search engine optimization is a continuous process of tweaking and optimizing your site, given how search trends keep evolving and changing. Even if your SEO campaign has successfully placed your site at the highest ranking for your chosen keywords, you have to look into Google Analytics regularly to retain your position. Taking a regular review of analytics like Bounce Rates, Conversion Rates, Website Traffic, and other important KPIs will help you remain on track. A competent SEO professional will ensure that your website remains relevant as per the latest Google norms and updates.
Since the need for quality healthcare seo service providers is on the rise, it is important to get your website updated. Hence, your website should not only be updated keeping in mind your potential patient’s profile and behavior but also be optimized to suit the Search Engines norms.
Websites that provide relevant information and also are optimized always end up high in search results and hence also draw the most traffic.