To provide affordable housing to individuals categorised under the Economically Weaker Section or EWS, Lower Income Group or LIG, and Middle-Income Groups, the Government of India has introduced the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana initiative. Under this scheme, applicants can avail interest subsidy on a loan amount fixed by the government as per their yearly earnings.
Interested individuals can avail a home loan under PMAY plan from several financial institutions. Also, borrowers can monitor the entire approval process, both online and offline.
Here are the ways to check PMAY loan application status –
Tracking PMAY Status via Application ID on CLSS – Awas Portal
Applicants who want to monitor their Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status using CLSS-Awas portal can follow these steps –
- Firstly, individuals need to visit the official CLSS Awas website, www.pmayuclap.gov.in.
- Now, with the help of a unique application ID, applicants can track the status. Within 24 hours of submitting the application by lenders, this ID will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- On submitting this unique ID to the online portal, borrowers would likely receive a system-generated OTP for authentication. Thus, individuals must need to keep the registered contact number active while checking the status.
- After providing the OTP, the application status will be duly shown.
Tracking PMAY Status by Personal Details on PMAY Official Website
Other than the previous option, individuals can also check each stage of the application status on the official website www.pmaymis.gov.in. Here are the following steps –
- After logging on to the website of Pradhan Mantri Awas scheme, individuals can find a button on the top of the screen, namely “Citizen Assessment.” On selecting the tab, a small box comprising few options will appear.
- Now, applicants need to select the “Track Your Assessment” option to proceed further.
- Then, a new page will appear consisting of 2 tabs – “By Father’s Name & Mobile No,” and “By Assessment ID.” After selecting the first option, individuals need to provide information like state, district, city, name, father’s name, ID, and registered mobile number.
- Applicants can proceed by providing the assessment ID and mobile number as well.
- After successful submission, individuals can check their Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status online.
Other Ways to Track PMAY Application Status
Individuals can also contact the Urban Development Corporation or HUDCO for any queries related to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana loan status or to track it. Here are the toll-free numbers that can be contacted –
NHB – 1800-11-3377, 1800-11-3388.
HUDCO – 1800-11-6163.
Furthermore, it is also important to know the eligibility criteria before applying for a home loan under PMAY. To provide housing for all, the Indian government has kept the eligibility criteria easy and simple. They can calculate home loan eligibility in a few clicks.
- An applicant or the family must not possess a pucca house anywhere within the country. To clarify, under this scheme, the family includes husband, wife, unmarried son and/or unmarried daughter.
- Applicants should not be availing any other housing scheme from the central or state government.
- For EWS or LIG category, one female co-owner is compulsory.
- For EWS the income threshold is Rs.3 lakh per year, and for LIG applicants the earning ceiling is Rs.6 lakh p.a. Nonetheless, for MIG 1 and MIG 2 category the income limit is Rs.12 lakh and Rs.18 lakh, respectively.
Individuals who meet these PMAY eligibility criteria can avail interest subsidy on home loans under this scheme.
Even though individuals can check their Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana status both online and offline, but it is preferable to opt for the online process. With a few clicks, they can view every step of this loan approval process.