Do you know how important it is to check for Windows Updates in Windows 10? Windows 10 updates are essentials for the Windows operating system in a way to have all the latest bug fixes, security patches, and features. The Latest updates will keep your system safe and secure and at the same time, it even helps your system to run efficiently and smoothly.
Therefore, it is necessary to keep a regular check on the latest updates for the Windows operating system. However, you don’t really have to worry about it because Windows 10 operating system itself checks with Microsoft for the availability of the latest Windows update (if any) at regular intervals. And if there’s any update available, it always automatically downloads and installs them for you.
But there are times when you yourself want to check for an update in order to download it for your Windows system. No worries! As you can also do that. Yes! You can Manually check for the Update Windows 10 and as well as download it to install it into your Windows 10 operating system. Here are the steps to take, in case you don’t know how to check and download the Windows update in Windows 10 manually.
However, before that, it is also useful for you to know about the pros and cons of manually checking and installing updates in your Windows operating system. Let’s see:
- With manual methods you have full control over the updates.
- Manual method has the option to delay the installation of the new updates.
- With the Manual update method you have the option to install the ‘Security-only updates’ on pre-Windows 10 operating systems.
- You need to obtain the ‘Update information.’
- Manual methods require more time for research and updating.
Now, let’s read about the process of how to check for the latest update as well as how to download Windows 10 updates manually:
- First, you have to go to the ‘Start menu’ or the ‘Windows logo’ on your operating system in its bottom left corner.
- Then from the ‘Start menu’ you need to click on the gear like a small icon which is nothing but the ‘Settings icon’ option.
- After that, look at the bottom of the ‘Settings menu’ in order to click on the option of ‘Update and Security.’
- Under it, you need to click further on the ‘Check for Updates’ option to see finally, if there’s an update available or not for your Windows operating system.
- If not, then your system will only show you the status of your last update and you have to again check after few days for the new update, if there’s any.
- If already updated, your system will say that ‘Your PC is up to date.’
- And if ‘Yes’, then you need to download and install Windows 10 update on your operating system using these steps:
- Go to the ‘Start button’ and open it in order to navigate through ‘Microsoft System Center to reach the system’s ‘Software Center.’
- There, go to the left menu of it and click on the ‘Update section menu.’
- And there click on the top-right button of ‘Install’ to finally install the latest update.
- That’s it! Once you’re done with the process, just remember to restart your operating system to apply the changes.
Note: If you want to know about the details on the latest Windows update then you can do so by using any of your favourite search engines with the KB number of the latest update as every update comes with a ‘KB Number.’ All you have to do is click on the ‘details link’ or ‘Learn more link’ to do so.
Also, if required, you can even visit the technical site called ‘Getassist.net’ to get answers to all your queries.