Summary- No doubt, Yahoo is one of the users’ trusted web-based Email applications that allows users to send and receive emails. But in the last 10 years, it has been seen that billions of users’ data have been breached, and is not pulling out their data from Yahoo accounts. So the only solution to overcome the chances of data loss is to backup Yahoo Mail to computer. In this article, we will discuss the different methods to back up Yahoo mail to a computer. However, you can also use the Yahoo Backup Tool to download Yahoo mailbox emails in bulk.
Yahoo mail is a popular and free email provider in the world. However, it has gone through various changes over the years; Yahoo never fails to maintain a modern look which makes the users keep sticking up with this email provider.
But recently, yahoo has upgraded its features that include creating a powerful password, account recovery information, two-step verification, and app password generator options. Despite the upgraded features, users want the extra security of their precious emails by backing up the data to local computers, pen drives, hard drives, etc. However, there can be several reasons why a user might want to backup yahoo mail to a Computer.
Reasons to Backup Yahoo Mail to Computer
There are plenty of reasons behind the need to save Yahoo Mail to computer. Some of the common causes are:
- To protect data loss:- Yahoo has faced many issues related to the security of its data over the years, which results in data loss for the users.
- To protect from cyber attacks:- To get rid of cyber attacks wanting to access your data, you should be ready with the backup of it on your local machine.
- To free up storage:- You can move your emails or attachments to a recycle bin after backing them up to create space for your data.
- To Save time:- Yahoo Users have faced login issues several times in the form of content not loading properly over the screen.
- Sometimes, users need to transfer from a Yahoo mail account to any other email client.
Ways to Backup Yahoo Mail to Computer
To protect yourself from getting into trouble of not taking proper backup, one needs to be aware of how to backup yahoo mail to PC. Here are some of the methods that you may find appropriate:-
- Save yahoo Mails as a PDF.
- Configure Yahoo Mail into Outlook.
- Backup Yahoo Emails into Computer Using a third-party solution.
Method 1:- Save Yahoo Mails as PDF
Follow the given steps to backup your data from yahoo mail to your local computer in PDF file format:
- Before saving your emails as pdf in Yahoo Mail, you need to have an account with yahoo.
- Open Yahoo Mail and Sign-in with your username and password.
- Now, click on Inbox on the right side.
- Open the email message you want to save as a PDF.
- Click on the three dots on the upper side.
- Then select print,
- and a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Here, select Save as PDF from the drop-down list in the destination option.
- A pop-up will again appear on your screen.
- Here, you can select the destination path for your PDF file.
- Also, you can give a customized name to your PDF now.
- Finally, click the Save button to finish the process.
Method 2:- Configure Yahoo Mail into Outlook
Suppose you want to save or download Yahoo mailbox emails to computer; then, in that case, you need first to configure the Yahoo account into Outlook and then export Outlook emails as PST file on your computer. Note:- Before starting the process, make sure you have the login credentials of Yahoo Mail.
- Open Outlook and go to File.
- Press Add Account Option.
- Here, enter your yahoo mail and click Connect.
- Next, you have to type the Password.
- After that, click on Connect button.
- Press Done.
- Once you have completed the steps, restart Outlook.
- Open the Outlook desktop again; here, you will find that your Yahoo mail is configured successfully.
- Now, go to File,
- and click the Open & Export option.
- Then click on Import/ Export.
- Select Export to a file option and click Next.
- Now, select Outlook Data File(.pst) option and click Next.
- Double-click on the folder you want to save. Click Next.
- Browse the destination path to save the exported File and tap the Finish button.
- At last, you will get your Yahoo mailbox emails into a PST format.
Limitations of Manual Method:-
The above manual methods are easy to perform and allow users to backup all the Yahoo mailbox data. But, at the same time, it contains certain limitations, which can disturb your experience of backing up.
- Long and back-breaking process:- One needs to go through various steps to back up even just one email to a PC.
- The configuration process cannot assure all email downloads as links between email clients can break anytime.
- Even messing with a single step can cost you a redo of the whole process.
Also Read : How to Reset Yahoo Password without Recovery Email ?
Use the Professional Solution with Hassle-free and Accurate Backup
Sysinfo Yahoo Backup Tool is a fantastic tool to back up your yahoo emails to your pc, hard drive, pen drive, etc. It offers you to back up the data with accuracy and integrity up to the mark. The software helps users to backup Yahoo Mail to computer in different file formats like PST, CSV, MBOX, EML, etc. For giving users a more delightful experience, the tool also allows you to migrate your Gmail emails to different Email clients like Hotmail, Godaddy Email, Zoho Mail, etc.
Steps to Save Yahoo Mail to Computer
- Download Yahoo Backup Tool and,
- Launch Yahoo Backup Tool.
- Sign in with the required credentials like Yahoo Id and app password.
- From the appeared tree structure, select the required folder and hit next.
- Select the saving option as a PDF, EML, PST, or others from the list that has appeared before you.
- Further, apply the filter as per your need.
- Allocate the output folder name and destination path.
- Click Convert, and the Yahoo mailbox will start its backup process to PDF and will be completed soon.
- You can also save the backup process report.
Here in this blog, we have discussed various ways to backup Yahoo Mail to computer; either you can backup Yahoo email in PDF, export Mailbox data from Outlook by configuring Yahoo Mail, or choose the direct solution named SysInfo Yahoo Backup Tool.