Summary:- Are you a Yahoo user who wants to switch his account to Gmail? Then, indeed you are in the right place. Here in this blog, we will explain why users Switch from Yahoo Mail to Gmail and the various methods to migrate yahoo email to Gmail. You can either use the manual method or a third-party app Yahoo Mail Backup Tool to Switch from Yahoo to Gmail.
Yahoo email account users should try to do things to transfer their emails from Yahoo to Gmail. Yahoo lost a good percentage of users due to the fact that the company has been going through financial difficulties for some time now. With this, it is evident that some people cannot access their emails from Yahoo because they no longer work for the company. This is why many people have sought ways to transfer their emails from Yahoo to Gmail to maintain their efficiency.
As we all know, Gmail is much more secure than Yahoo. According to recent news, in 2013, Yahoo had 60 days of downtime and was infiltrated by a hacker, which resulted in the largest known data breach in history. In fact, Yahoo suppressed the breach for two years. Moreover, it is well-known that Yahoo’s services are extremely vulnerable to hackers. As a result, users now prefer using more secure email providers such as Gmail, where they can take advantage of numerous Google apps such as Google Drive, Hangouts, Documents, Contacts, and Calendar – all with just one account and manageable from wherever you happen to be!
Method 01:- How to switch from Yahoo Mail to Gmail Manually?
You have to follow these simple steps to migrate Yahoo emails to Gmail. These steps are free of cost and easy to use.
- Open your Gmail Account. Go to the Setting option and select the See All Settings button.
- After then, select the option Account and import.
- Select the Import mail and contacts under the Account and import option. After then, a new windows screen will display now your system.
- Now, type your Yahoo Email address and press the continue button.
- Type your Yahoo login credentials and then press the Next button to start the Yahoo Account.
- Choose the import options and press on the start Import to start the migration of the Yahoo mail in Office 365.
- Now the import process is started, it will take two or more days to complete the import process. The import duration of emails depends on the size of the exported data.
Limitations of Manual Method
These are the manual steps that help you to switch from Yahoo Mail to Gmail. But this method has some limitations which make it less reliable to use.
- The manual method does not offer a mail filter option.
- This only moves the Inbox folder. There is no shifting or moving of other folder data.
- Several times, synchronization interrupts the import process.
- To complete the process, it may take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the size of the inbox.
Professional solution to Switch from Yahoo Mail to Gmail
Use the Yahoo Mail Backup Tool to transfer Yahoo mail to a Gmail account. This software helps users to save Yahoo emails into PDF, EML, MBOX, OST, CSV, DOC, etc. Even the utility backup Yahoo mail to Gmail, Office 365, AOL, Thunderbird, IMAP, Hotmail, etc. Sometimes, users face the issue of Yahoo mail not receiving emails; you can solve this by using the Yahoo Mail Backup Tool.
Features of Yahoo Backup Tool
- This utility backup Yahoo Mailboxes into PST, PDF, EML, MSG, etc., file formats with 100% data accuracy.
- It migrates the Yahoo into Gmail, Office 365, Hotmail, AOL, Live Exchange, etc.,
- Provides easy to use interface to its professional and non-professional users.
- Yahoo Backup Tool provides advanced features to maintain the folders and subfolders Hierarchy.
- Download its free demo version to backup 50 emails per folder.
In this article, we discussed the methods to switch from Yahoo to Gmail. All the steps of the manual method are outlined. But if the manual method does not work for you, we have provided a second expert solution, the Yahoo Mail Backup software, which lets you forward Yahoo emails into Gmail.