- The point is this CISSP is the more advanced certification from the two of them. It is absolutely impolite to discuss salary but that’s nearly necessary to set expectations. When a person goes from being a highly paid Security+ to an entry-level CISSP, his or her salary might go up about fifteen percent. Your mileage will differ based on experience. A CISSP with having enough experience to meet the prerequisites can expect to make about what a Security+ with fifteen to twenty years of experience makes. Wage figures will rely on your job market and the pricing of living in your area. The CISSP certification is a more in certificate now and is one of the most sought-after certifications in information security. A majority of the companies look out for top CISSP certified professionals. A prime importance is held by these certifications in an individual’s profession. Certified professional are paid more in their job. A CISSP, certified professional earns more than their peers. Getting certified will help you understand all details of cybersecurity broadly. CISSP certification is hard to crack and achieve. It signifies to the industry that you are a professional with efficacy, and experienced working in the cybersecurity leadership team of the company.
CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- CISM is business-oriented and focuses on information risk management while addressing: management, design, and technical security issues at the semantic level. It is aimed at the management-level IS Professional who must maintain a big picture view by managing, designing, overseeing, and assessing an enterprise’s information security. CISM needs 3 of the 5 years to be specifically information security management work related experience. As CISSP contains 8 domains but CISM contains 4 domains. You need to ratify your expertise and move up in your career as an information security manager, and other employees do, you can also achieve a globally renowned standard through CISM certification for Risk management, Information security management and some other management staff. With CISM credential from your peers, managers, internal and external stakeholders, and compliance and regulatory professionals you can get instant recognition. A globally-acknowledged CISM certification from ISACA creates a better career pathway as an information security manager. To create a robust organization with minimal security chinks in its armor with international security best practices strategize it. There is a lot for CISM practitioner to complete, before they can achieve certification. Moreover, this is well-worth the effort in the end as CISM certifications are in demand. Attaining this certification is a career changing milestone that will elevate your professional standing within the organization. CISM certification provides you better earnings than your peers and better apprehending of security systems management.
Before you get any further, remember that you can always prepare in the best manner if you consider taking CISSP online training or CISM online training. Preparation is not difficult if you are dedicated and have proper guidance.
The CISSP certification is assembled into eight domains. Diverse exposure of information is dealt by these eight domains.
1. Security and Risk Management
2. Asset Security
3. Security Engineering
4. Communication and Network Security
5. Identity and Access Management
6. Security Assessment and Testing
7. Security Operations
8. Software Development Security
– The CISM certification is assembled into four domains.
1. Information Security Governance
2. Information Risk Management and
3. Information Security Program Development and
4. Information Security Incident Management
|Exam Name||CISSP CAT Exam Format (English chosen participants only)||CISSP Linear Exam Format (other than English Language chosen participants only)||Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)|
|Exam Cost||USD 699||USD 699||For ISACA Members US $575 and Non-Members US $760|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice, Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT)||Multiple Choice and Advanced Innovative Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Total Questions||150 Questions||250 Questions||150 Questions|
|Passing Score||700 out of 1000||700 out of 1000||400 out of 800|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes||6 Hours||4 Hours|
|Languages||English||French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean||English, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional) Turkish, and Spanish|
|Testing Center||Pearson Vue||Pearson Vue||ISACA (PSI)|
|Validity||3 years||5 years|
Job Roles and Titles
Both certifications cover managerial topics.
- However, the CISSP is both managerial and technical, requiring a breadth and depth of technical and managerial knowledge, skills, and abilities relevant for a range of positions including security consultant, security manager, IT director/manager, security auditor, security architect, security analyst, security systems engineer, CISO, director of security, and network architect. Certified professionals are being considered by the companies to take charge of protecting data from outlawed access. The clearance of mandatory exam is required to provide cybersecurity certifications and demand for skilled cyber security professionals is high. A prime importance is held by these certifications in an individual’s profession.
You need a minimum 5 years of accumulative paid full-time expertise in two or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Candidates who wants to go for Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) training have a minimum 5 years of work experience in two or more of the 8 domains authorized by (ISC)2 in their (Certified Information System Security Professional) CISSP, Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
- The CISM certification points the skilled professional which manages like we say information security managers and those with information security management responsibilities, including information security managers, Risk Management professionals, intending information technology managers, IS/IT consultants, CEOs and CIOs. CISM certifications are inflated demand. Achieving this certification is a career changing milestone that will elevate your professional standing within the organization. CISM certification provides you better earnings and better understanding of security systems management within an organization. A certified Professional get paid more than who are not certified. By getting certified, you get shape up for a professional world, can guide to be excel in all other fields. It adds efficacy for organizations IT systems.
As you are now fully apprehend about it all. Thus, the choice is certainly yours. You have to determine what would make you more satisfied.