We all know about the Industrial Revolution’s impact on different businesses and operations. Industries and business sectors got more extensive, and global trade touched the heights of the sky. Machinery came into existence in almost every industry and established a great work environment.
Similar in the size of implementation as the industrial revolution, the digital revolution is now influencing businesses and different functions. Numerous organizations turned digital entirely or partially and increased the accuracy of the process. In addition, AI, robotics, cloud computing, extended reality, and various other tech inventions are improving the work efficiency of industries.
What Is HR Automation?
As discussed above, digitalization influences numerous business operations and helps them attain better productivity. In addition, it also impacts HR processes, resulting in great accuracy of the work and saving time for managers.
In the manual approach, HRs were relying on paperwork or old-school systems to maintain employees’ data, calculate salaries that contain complexities and errors, define policies, and recruit staff via the time-consuming manual process. In short, these activities were full of mistakes and highly time-consuming.
The modern-day tech generation solutionized these complications with the help of cloud software. It is an automated system that saves employees’ data on the cloud, generates salaries, performs policy formation activities, measures performances, helps in recruiting, and assists managers in various functions.
HR Automation is a widespread term and proliferating in every corner of the globe. It delivers numerous advantages to an organization such as time savings, cost reduction, employee engagement & satisfaction, rise in productivity, streamlining the workflow, and getting real-time data about the ongoing projects/tasks.
The digital solution includes some additional and unique features, too. For example, it helps get insights and analytics about the employees’ performances and project efficiency, simplify the onboarding process, automate leave requests & approval, and track leaves in real-time. In addition, it provides tax statements with salaries so that organizations stay compliant with the law. These activities are excluded in the manual process; by implementing an automated system, the company can build an employee-centric work culture as these features mainly focus on employee assistance.
10 Softwares To Consider While Automating HR Process
Various options are available to organizations looking for automation of HR activities. Though some well-known names are mentioned below with essential features:
BreatheHR is an easy-to-use HR software for SMEs. It stores the employees’ information in a centralized database, manages & stores necessary documents, delivers email reminders about tasks, and streamlines payroll activities. Some essential features of the system are as follows:
- The software provides applicant tracking tools to ease the recruitment process.
- It enables expense management tools for managers to get control of the business costs.
- The system provides a learning module for delivering training courses to employees online.
- Employees can keep their data up-to-date and track their colleagues’ leaves from the self-service module.
- Managers can maintain bulk data of salaries, job roles, expenses, and benefits. In addition, they can edit multiple information at flash speed.
- Managers can generate customizable reports by focusing on necessary elements only.
Namely is an online software handling various organizations’ HR functions. It enables features regarding different operations such as onboarding, time-off tracking, reporting & analytics, workflow & approvals, and integrations. Some critical elements of the system are mentioned below:
- The software enables digital signatures of managers and employees, so it can be helpful when needed urgently.
- It streamlines leave requests, approvals, and reporting activities.
- It provides talent management services like applicant tracking, job postings, offer letter storage, company social newsfeed, and maintaining tasks lists.
- Managers can align and track goals & objectives in real-time. In addition, they can review performances and provide feedback with the 360 feedback tool.
- The software delivers easily configurable analytics and intuitive dashboards.
MatchHR is software streamlining HR processes and helping organizations improve work quality. It assists managers in different functions such as payroll management, analytics, recruitment, and training. Essential components of the system are stated here:
- The software enables the employee database to keep records of employees’ personal information and salaries data.
- It helps to set different schedules of the workforce and time tracking in real-time.
- Paycheck calculations can be efficiently executed with tax filings and reporting.
- It provides digital and modern performance review features like goal setting, 360-degree review, and feedback.
- Employees can request time off, receive company announcements, and edit their personal information through the employee self-service module.
SDworx is a leading software evolving the HR practices of different enterprises. It deals in various segments of process automation such as payroll software, absence management, document management, expense management, analytics, and onboarding. Critical elements of the system are described below:
- The workforce can check their annual leave summary and holidays during the year via the system.
- The leave request & approval process has gone automatic entirely with the help of SDworx. Managers get notified when any staff member applies for leave requests. At the time of approval, information is directly sent to the payroll for more accuracy of salary generation.
- It enables data analytics dashboards for managers to get a clear view of organizational growth.
- The system helps in automating the employee onboarding process with more efficiency.
factoHR is a cloud-based software evolving human resource automation and improving the workflow of organizations. The automated system handles complete hire-to-retire activities and removes errors. Significant features of the software are stated below:
- Recruiting module allows managers to post job openings on job portals and schedule interviews.
- Managers can track the tasks of employees and their presence in real-time. In addition, they can also monitor the workforce in remote working times.
- The ESS portal of the system allows staff members to check their attendance, punch in online, record their daily mood, get notified on colleagues’ birthdays/work anniversaries, and receive important announcements from the managers.
- Attendance features include biometric device integration, set multiple shifts, and real-time attendance with different time zones.
- Leave process automation can be done efficiently. Managers can easily configure leave policy with various parameters such as late-coming, early-going, time-off, sandwich leave, and much more. The workforce can apply for leave online and get approvals. In addition, managers get notified when any leave application is submitted in the system.
CitrusHR is a digital solution for small businesses to run HR activities accurately. The software delivers different business services like performance management, reports, onboarding, time tracking, absence management, and payroll process. Major features of the system are stated below:
- It records the staff members’ data, provides access customization, and streamlines the document management process.
- The workforce can view their holidays and leave allowances, managers can give approvals, and the calendar shows the absence & presence of a specific member at any given time.
- Payroll executives can generate journals quickly, send payslips online, and integrate the software with accounting software to increase accuracy.
- The reports & analytics module provides various information such as payroll reports, time track reports, sickness reports, and dynamic reports.
Personio is software streamlining the HR activities and enhancing the workflow of SMEs. The system helps in numerous functions of managers like recruiting, attendance tracking, onboarding, performance & appraisals, payroll, and analytics for various processes. Different valuable segments of Personio are stated here:
- Employees can easily record their work hours and get approvals from their supervisors.
- Leave request & approval activities are executed automatically with ease.
- Centralized employee feedback helps every member view the organization’s direction.
- Managers can analyze personnel data & reports and get meaningful insights for better workforce planning.
- In addition, managers can also customize the access rights so that only specific persons can access the critical reports.
Kenjo is an automated system for handling HR activities efficiently. The software deals with time-off, attendance, recruitment, payroll reports, performance review, shift planning, and onboarding activities. Notable features of the digital system are defined here:
- The software saves the workforce’s data on the cloud and provides a personal folder for every employee to record their data.
- Managers can import bulk payslip data in the cloud and allocate it to individual folders of employees.
- Meeting arrangements can be made, and meeting durations can be recorded.
- The attendance module allows the staff to track holidays work hours on a daily basis and log their hours via phone.
- It includes different reports containing important information about the company such as new joinees, resignations, attendance reports, and average salaries.
Civica is a digital system to run HR processes and obtain employee engagement. The cloud-based software assists managers in different functions like payroll, time management, and human resource activities. Noteworthy components of the system are as follows:
- It can handle employees’ data, including multiple designations entries.
- The simple-to-use system provides informative dashboards to obtain the necessary data of the company.
- The system helps managers in recruiting and digital recruiting activities. And also it enables training & development facilities.
- It enables performance management, absence tracking, and company benefits within the system.
- The software also includes user-defined screens and reports & analytics.
Arcoro is software handling different HR activities and enhancing the workflow. The digital system deals with onboarding, attendance, learning management, and performance management activities of organizations. Critical features of Arcoro are described here:
- The dashboard provides access to managers to view goals, allocated tasks, and evaluation forms.
- Managers can easily review the performances and deliver feedback on the same.
- Employees can see available benefits according to the company policy and the deductions of benefits.
- Managers can measure employee satisfaction through customized online surveys and improve employee retention.
- Managers can verify the punch location of the staff members with geofence and remove dishonest punches with ease.
We discussed the digital revolution and its impact on different business functions. And we went through the automation trend in HR processes and its features. Therefore, we can conclude that tech is the future of business and industries. However, above mentioned software can be much helpful for organizations that have yet to automate the processes.