Online purchasing is unquestionably on the rise. You may have seen some of this during the pandemic.
Almost 80% of the population of the United States shops online. Furthermore, by the end of 2022, the internet industry is predicted to be worth a trillion dollars.
This simply means that if sellers have the necessary tools and an online presence, they can benefit from their businesses. You can effortlessly accept online payments, conduct online shipping, and display your products using an eCommerce website builder.
However, creating an online presence necessitates building an online website. Also, hiring either a Shopify, WordPress, or Magento eCommerce development company may occur as the need arises. This further necessitates excellent content management to keep the eCommerce business running effectively. These CMS platforms are popular since they don’t require any coding skills and make it simple for beginners to build an eCommerce site from the ground up.
There are so many CMS platforms to pick from that makes it difficult to know which one would be best to boost business sales. Hence, let us dive deeper into several options in detail and help you make the ideal choice.
Best CMS Platforms to Build an eCommerce Site
Magento is a well-known open-source eCommerce CMS platform. It is created in PHP and provides business owners with a wealth of capabilities for easily creating a marketplace. Magento offers a wide range of extensions, including ERP, CRM, chatbots, and much more. The platform also caters to businesses of all sizes, with features like mobile commerce, omnichannel, B2B, and more.
In addition, Magento enables integration with multiple extensions from third parties, allowing for the creation of digital retail experiences.
Of all, it is primarily evaluated by big firms as it caters to all types of merchants. Its wide setup, cost, and development possibilities are the reasons behind this.
- Helps build personalized shopping experiences
- Drag and drop feature for website builders
- Create, view, and plan content
- Tailor promotions and content
- Enables relevant product recommendations to drive sales and engagement
- Offers in-built themes, user-friendly and intuitive interface
- Works well with B2B functionality
WordPress eliminates many eCommerce platforms from the market on its own. This is because it is designed to assist in the creation of various types of web pages, not only eCommerce sites.
Furthermore, WordPress is used as the content management system by 28% of eCommerce sites.
WooCommerce allows you to turn your WordPress site into an online store. Furthermore, the platform attracts a sizable user base. This is because it offers a variety of free themes and plugins.
The obvious benefit of WooCommerce is that it receives free support from the WordPress user community.
- Offers a wide collection of premium and free extensions covering everything from marketing integrations to store enhancements, and more.
- Provides unlimited customization
- Easy to set up
- Secure and flexible payments
- Allows accepting payments via varying gateways
- Eases product category management
BigCommerce is a popular website development platform that can be used by any company. It has a lot of built-in features and customization possibilities that make it easy for fast-growing eCommerce enterprises to expand. It also caters to a wide range of online stores.
The advanced SEO integration capabilities and versatile APIs of this platform are well-known. It allows retailers to connect to a variety of CMS solutions. E-stores can also benefit from tremendous scalability. This allows firms to increase brand exposure across several social media platforms.
Similarly, they have the opportunity to reach out to a large number of potential clients all around the world.
- Sells across multiple channels
- Create a mobile-optimized online site
- Allows easy checkout customization
- Supports B2B functionality
- Provides drag and drop feature for easy creation and editing of pages
Shopify is a powerful eCommerce platform with a lot of cool features. A single dashboard allows several small merchants to effortlessly set up their online businesses, manage orders, and control their inventory.
It’s perfect for SMEs because of its cost-effectiveness and user-friendly interface. Shopify also offers support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are a lot of different themes and templates to choose from. And the best part is that web developers can make changes to the stores. This is because of Shopify’s ability to alter HTML and CSS codes independently.
- Enables using the domain name of your own
- Allows Facebook selling
- Import/export goods through CSV files
- Completes orders in just a single click
- Enables access to fully-functional CMS
- Eases running email marketing campaigns
Prestashop is another open-source content management system that comes in both free and paid editions. This is commonly used for shop installs or to easily customize the software. Self-hosting or fully-hosted versions are available to business owners. As a result, it provides the key to determining the technical control level.
Besides the built-in features, Prestashop allows businesses to customize the platform with multiple themes and plugins. It has a lot of backend code customization options. Also, it attracts a wide range of themes and add-ons. This allows sellers with minimum technical skills to create an online store from the ground up.
All in all, the Prestashop CMS platform is the viable choice for beginners and medium-sized businesses.
- Allows to create products and collection of goods with elegant layouts
- Limits the number of products for purchase and enables out-of-stock notifications.
- Supports checkout page configuration
- Personalized stores easily including shipping methods, payment configuration, and product displays
- Customers can upload files and sell personalized goods
- Easy to categorize products
- From the characteristics list, select products with variants
Every day, the eCommerce industry evolves and swears by the quality of a company’s online presence. As a result, selecting the best CMS platform is the most difficult task. CMS solutions, of course, allow you to design amazing websites. But keep in mind that, no matter what you choose, customers demand exceptional digital experiences.
While installing and using these platforms is simple, you can better hire a Magento eCommerce development company to seek professional support.
As a result, there’s no need to second-guess yourself. It’s finally time to start your online business.