Summary: Outlook 365 is one of the most popular applications used by various people. Therefore, in this article, we will explain the various benefits of using Office 365 and also discuss the detailed procedure of manual method and professional method to import OST file into Outlook 365. So read this article attentively to get the best solution.
Outlook Data Files (.ost) refers to the offline folder files that store and save the data on your computer. Users can perform various tasks in an offline mode, such as accessing emails, calendars, and contacts. However, users can also compose emails and add contacts even when there is no internet connection. Moreover, all the changes will not synchronize automatically until the user reconnects with the internet again.
However, users face a lot of issues while using Outlook data files (.ost). Therefore, users want to move toward the Office 365 application. As it is one of the most popular cloud service providers having more than a hundred million active users across the globe. When a user wants to move to office 365, he needs to import their PST file as well to access their old email messages. Users want to import their OST files due to several reasons. In the next section, we will discuss why users need to migrate OST to Office 365.
Reasons to Import OST to Office 365
- To save the crucial data from the deleting process.
- Office 365 provides the benefit of accessing the mailbox anywhere.
- Office 365 has more advanced features.
- It is a more easily accessible platform than outlook.
- Office 365 has more space to store our bulk data of emails.
All the above mentioned are the main reasons to add OST file to Outlook 365. However, the reason can be different for each user on the basis of their needs and requirements. Now, Let’s discuss the manual method to import OST file into Outlook 365.
Manual Way to Import OST Files to Office 365
This manual method is divided into two steps. First, you have to convert OST file to PST format then you will be able to import them into PST format. Therefore, this manual method is divided into two steps.
Step 1: Convert the OST file into PST
- Open the Outlook application on your computer and log in with your username and password.
- After that, click on the File tab and choose the Open & Export option.
- Then, click on the Import/Export button.
- Afterward, choose the Export to a file option and press the Next button.
- After that, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next tab.
- After that, choose the folders of your choice that you want to convert and tap on Next.
- Then, choose the destination path to save the resultant file and click on the Finish button to complete the process.
After following the above steps, you can convert your OST files into PST formats without any inconvenience. Now, we have to import these PST files to Outlook 365.
Step 2: Add PST files to Office 365
To import your PST files to Office 365. First, you have to configure your Office 365 account with the Outlook application, follow the below steps to migrate your PST files into Office 365.
- Open your Microsoft Outlook account on your computer.
- After that, click on the File button.
- Afterward, Select the Open & Export tab and then click on the Import/Export option.
- After that, choose the Import from another program or files option and press the Next button.
- Then select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next tab.
- After that, click the browse button and select the PST file you want to import. Tap on the Open button.
- In the next step, you can choose the do not import duplicates option and press the next button.
- At last, click on the Finish tap.
After conducting the above steps successfully, the user can add OST file to Outlook 365. However, performing the manual method is difficult for many users because it also requires technical skills. Moreover, the manual process is too lengthy to perform and will not work in case of bulk conversion of data. Therefore, it would be better for the users to go with a professional approach, which is more secure and reliable and also recommended by the experts.
Professional Method to Import OST to Office 365
OST to PST Converter tool is one of the most secure and reliable software to migrate OST files to Office 365. This tool comes up with many advanced features, and the interface of this software is more convenient to perform for every user. Moreover, you can also migrate your emails to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, IMAP, and many other different email clients. If you want to analyze its performance, you can try its free demo version.
In this article, we have explained a detailed guide for performing the manual method and professional method to import OST file into Outlook 365. Moreover, we have also discussed the advantages of using Outlook 365 and the drawbacks of performing the manual methods.