The primary objective of the fund is to provide investors with long-term capital growth opportunities with the liquidity of an open-ended scheme through active investment management in a diversified equity portfolio basket spanning the entire spectrum of market capitalization.
And the secondary goal is to produce consistent returns by investing in securities on the debt and money markets.
Why it is the best investment for you
- The fund will invest 50–90% in big-cap stocks, 10–40% in midcap stocks, and 10% in small-cap stocks.
- SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Direct Fund has distinguished itself among multi-cap schemes that focus on the quality of companies by consistently outperforming their investment mandate.
- It is one of the most well-known multi-cap funds in the market right now.
- Being a multi-cap fund, this fund is best suited for investors with moderate risk appetite and who have a long investment period of around 7-10 years to get their real reward.
- As of 7 May 2018, SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Fund – Direct’s NAV is ₹50.1063.
- The NAV of the direct version of any fund will always be higher than its regular counterparts.
Please read below to find out more about this fund and how it goes on fares. Before you start investing in any mutual fund scheme, you can look at some simple features.
Here is essential information about SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Fund – Direct.
- Launch Date- 04 January 2013
- Fund Category Equity – Multi-Cap
- Plan Type- Direct
- AUM (Fund Size- )₹4,086 crores
- Risk- Moderately High
- Minimum SIP- ₹500
- Minimum SWP- ₹1000
- Benchmark- Has consistently outperformed its benchmark S&P BSE 500 TRI since its launch.
- Age of the fund- 5 years old
- Expense Ratio-1.35%
- Exit Load is – If redeemed between 0 Month to 6 Month; Exit Load is 1%; If redeemed between 6 Month to 12 Month; Exit Load is 0.5%
- Type- Open-ended
The minimum amount to start an SIP in SBI Magnum Multicap Direct Fund is ₹500.
Scheme Performance of SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Fund – Direct
Over the years, the fund has achieved high returns and consistently outperformed its benchmark. It is a high-risk fund and has generated a return of 19.96 percent since its inception.
Duration Returns %
- 16.66% in one year
- 17.14% in three years
- 21.89% in five years
A few years ago, it was one of the lesser-known schemes of SBI. But a steady performance growth has now provided this fund a hard option to neglect in the multi-cap category.
Over the past 3 and 5 years, the scheme has given 17.14% and 21.89% returns, while its benchmark, the S&P BSE 500, has given 11.7% and 13.3% returns during the same period.
While the fund has undoubtedly scored high on the performance front, it has also managed to keep its risk metrics below the benchmark, contributing to an enhanced profile of risk-rewards.