Everyone loves to drink juice. Most of us love to drink juices prepared fromfresh fruits like oranges, pineapple, pomegranate, apples or a cocktail of any two/ three fruit juices. Some of us even drink vegetable juices like carrot and beet juice.
The best nutritionist in Mumbai says most of these juices seem appealing because of their colors and sweet taste. But not many like green juices because of the unappealing green color. They are not astasty to drink too.
As quirky as it may seem, green juices are theones which are considered healthiest amongst all other juices. Their high antioxidant properties have made a roar in the health market and many are trying out this new juice in search of good health.
Not many are a fan of consuming green vegetables, but the most important thing to know about them is thatthey have very important qualities in them. Some of these qualities include:
- Green vegetables and fruitshold the highest amounts of antioxidants in them which helps fight free radicles from our bodies. These free radicles are home to many underlying chronic diseases including cancerwhich cause major harm to our bodies.
- These green foods when combined with other fruits and vegetables increase the nutrient value of the drink as they become nutrient dense.
- Being low on calories and high in fiber, they prove very beneficial for weight watchers.
- They aid in digestion and help replenish the gut microbes.
- They help in cleaning toxins form our body and make our skin look radiant and glowing.
- They help to maintain the pH levels in the body.
- They may delay aging.
- They keep fatigue at bay and keep you charged all day.
- They contain a lot of minerals and vitamins that help maintain a healthy immune system.
Green juices can be consumed at any time of the day, but the best time to consume this healthy juice is mostly at the start of the day.Morning is the time when the body needs a nutrient recharge after good night’s sleep, and this juice does just that for the body.
Drinking something you don’t like can be challenging, but slowly intervening the habit with small quantities will bring about big and healthy changes in your life. A positive change will encourage you to keep following a healthy routine.
Some healthy super green juice recipes we can make using greens are:
- Green/ red apple, cucumber and mint juice:
In a blender/ juicer add 2 medium apples, 1 cucumber and a few leaves of mint with a little waterand blend into a smooth juice.
- Celery, spinach, broccoli and carrot juice:
In a blender/ juicer add 2 sticks of celery, a few flower heads of washed and cleaned broccoli, 2 carrots and blend well. Then add a handful of spinach and a few drops of lemon juice and blend again into a smooth juice.
- Kale, mango, pomegranate and kiwijuice:
In a blender/ juicer add slices of one mango, 1 cup of pomegranate seeds and 2 kiwis with little water and blend well. Add handful of kale leaves and few drops of lemon juice (to cut the bitterness of kale) and blend again.
- Cucumber, celery, kale and spinach:
In a blender/ juicer add 3 English cucumbers with skin and 2 sticks of celery and blend well. Add a handful of spinach blend finely. Then add some kale and blend again until smooth. Add little water if required to make the consistency a little thin.
- Kale, spinach, ginger, amla and mint juice:
In a blender/ juicer add a handful of kale, 1×1 inch cube of ginger grated, Indian Gooseberry (amla) and mint leaves and blend well. Add a handful of spinach and blend again.
These are just a few examples of green juices we can consume. According to the best nutritionist in Delhi, many other combinations can also be made customized on our likes and preferences. Other ingredients we can add to our juices include:
- Indian gooseberry (Amla)
- Honey dew
Green juices are a healthier way to go, so let’s put a step forward and walk towards a healthy body.