The education system and ways of exchanging knowledge have revolutionised immensely with the advancement of technology. Several new-age gadgets like laptops, tabs, and likes help not only in providing quality learning but also boost computer literacy among young students.
Therefore, most parents today plan to invest in laptops for their children that are best suited for learning purposes. HP is one such brand that manufactures child-friendly laptops under a varying price range.
However, before making a choice, parents need to keep a few things in mind that will help them to choose a suitable laptop model for their kids. For instance, they need to check HP warranty of the laptop they intend to buy.
Things to consider before buying an HP laptop for your child
While buying an HP laptop for children, parents need to be extra careful as this device will help them to shape their thought process while allowing them to operate the functions easily. Thus, as parents, they should keep in mind the following factors.
- A laptop for children should be light-weight and small in size. Since they will be using the devices both at home and in school, they would need to carry them often. Thus, a heavy-weight laptop won’t be suitable for them. One can browse from a range of light-weight HP laptop models to arrive at a suitable model.
- A laptop for children should also come with a simple interface so that one can use it without any help from others. For instance, HP Chromebook x360 11-inch lands among the best laptops that support all the newest versions of Windows with easy-to-use features.
- The age of the child also plays a crucial role in selecting a suitable laptop. For instance, while a child in the elementary school will need a laptop for typing and gathering knowledge, a teen would need sophisticated applications like Microsoft Office and Excel to complete a project.
- Antivirus programs and parental monitoring facilities are also crucial while buying a laptop for children. Thanks to HP’s advanced security features, some of their best laptop models rank as some of the best laptops in the market with enhanced security features.
- Since children tend to mishandle computer systems in the initial phases due to lack of comprehension, parents should check HP warranty from time to time and renew it as and when required to save substantially in case a laptop starts malfunctioning or suffers any accidental damage.
However, for any severe damage or accident, even a warranty plan may not work. In that case, individuals are left with no option than to purchase a new laptop.
While such expenses can be financially burdening, individuals can opt for a Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card that can fund the purchase of a laptop with No-Cost EMI facility.
With partner outlets at more than 1,900 cities in India exceeding 1 lakh in number available under the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network, members can conveniently choose a nearby outlet for such purchases.
Further, pre-approved offers from the card provider are also available on a range of financial products like credit cards, personal loans, making financing hassle-free and less time-taking. You can check your pre-approved offer with your essential contact details.
Besides, parents should also avoid a few things while purchasing a laptop for children. They include –
- While choosing a laptop, parents need to avoid opting for one that comes with large screen size. It will tire the child’s eyes when used for an extended duration. For instance, a screen dimension of 11 to 15 inches should be sufficient for a child.
- Try not to configure a laptop that drains the battery in a short while. It will reduce the hassles of charging the device in between class or self-study sessions.
Further, no matter which laptop model you choose, make sure to check HP warranty to facilitate prompt repair of the same in case of an accidental damage. Also, consider the exclusions to such coverage and opt for a warranty extension before the validity is exhausted.