Summary: Usually, the email client stores users’ data, but sometimes, for any technical reason, you might not be able to access your Gmail account. There are so many reasons responsible for it, and that’s why users seek to take backup of their Gmail messages. So, in this article, we will describe some ways to export Gmail emails to PST, including an advanced Gmail Backup Tool to ensure data integrity throughout the entire process.
Gmail is one of the most preferred email clients worldwide. It provides its users with various facilities without any cost and gives a generous amount of storage. It’s a secure and very flexible network. The best part about Gmail is that you can use its services anytime on any device.
But as you know, technology is changing tremendously, and users are becoming more aware of data security. We live in an era full of cybercrime, illegal hacking, and other malware attacks, due to which almost no device is safe in the internet world. It raises concerns about the security of every individual’s cloud data.
So, to ensure the safety of your data, you must create copies of your essential information in any portable file. Often, Gmail users export Gmail emails to PST files, which are easily portable from one Outlook to another Outlook account. Users can password-protect any PST that doesn’t require any IT skills. Therefore, the Outlook data file is a better option for storing all mailing data. Here are several reasons Outlook offers and allows you to save your Gmail email to PST.
Reasons to Backup Gmail to PST
Transfering your Gmail emails to PST is the best option for securing your information and can serve you in many ways. Read below for more detail.
- Transferring email from Gmail to Outlook can assure additional data backup of Gmail messages most securely.
- Saving your Gmail information in PST file format on your local PC or Hard Drive can provide backup from accidental deletion and data loss.
- Outlook PST files provide the facility of encrypting your file with a password.
- Migrating data from Gmail to Outlook can solve Gmail data storage shortage problems.
These are some advantages of PST over Gmail. That gives reason for its users to save their Gmail to PST. Using Outlook as an intermediary, users can also transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. Here, We only discuss the manual and professional methods that help you to export Gmail email to PST format.
Configure Gmail Account in Outlook
By following these simple instructions you can add your Gmail account with Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click Add Account button.
Note: If you are already using Outlook, go to the File menu and select the Add Account option.
- Enter your Gmail ID and select to set up your account manually. Click on the Connect button to proceed ahead.
- Select the Google icon.
- Enter your Gmail user ID and click Next.
- Provide your Password and press the Sign In button.
- Now your account is successfully added. Click Done to proceed ahead.
After successfully configuring your Gmail account, you can export Gmail emails to PST using the MS Outlook application.
Backup Gmail to PST Using Outlook Application
- Go to File and press Open & Export.
- Click the Import/Export tab.
- Choose Export To a File and hit the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) as your preferred file format and click Next.
- Pick the Folder you want to export, and press Next.
- Select the Browse option to define the destination path for your resultant PST file. Then, click Finish to end the process.
By going through these instructions, you can migrate from Gmail to Outlook on your local computer or any hard drive. But manually converting Gmail emails to PST has certain limitations stated below.
Disadvantages Of Manual Method
The manual method is free to use and it seems executable. However, there are some limitations associated with this approach that induce the demand for a safe & reliable approach.
Some of the drawbacks of this manual approach are as follows:
- This method is quite complicated for non-technical users.
- Users may get interrupted due to internet outages and thus has to start the whole process again.
- Sometimes users face technical issues like Outlook crashes, PST file corruption, etc.
- The manual process is time-consuming.
- It doesn’t allow its users to migrate Gmail emails to Outlook in bulk, in a consequence, it is not suitable for professional use.
These are some of the demerits of the manual approach. So, for better efficiency and ease in migration, experts always recommend using the Gmail Backup Tool to export Gmail to PST, PDF, HTML, and others. Here are the steps you can follow to transfer Gmail emails into PST.
Smart Way To Export Gmail Emails To PST
The Cigati Gmail Backup Tool is a very effective tool for migrating multiple Gmail emails to PST in less time. It allows users to transfer Gmail emails to PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, MSG, etc. In addition, you can also import Gmail data to other email clients like Yahoo Mail, Zoho Mail, Office 365, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc. You can follow these instructions to backup Gmail emails to PST.
Steps To Transfer Gmail Emails To PST
- Open the Cigati Gmail Backup Tool.
- Enter your User Name and Third Party App Password.
- Select Gmail among the options given as Google applications.
- Choose the folder you want to export and press Next.
- Select PST format from the Drop-Down Menu.
- Click the options as per your need, such as Remove Duplicate Mails, Save Attachments Seperatly, Maintaining Folder Hierarchy, etc.
- Assign a Name for the output PST folder.
- Press the Path To Save button to choose a destination for your folder.
- Click the Convert button.
By following these steps, you can export Gmail emails to PST in a very efficient way in less time.
In the above discussion, we have seen how to export Gmail data to PST manually and professionally. Manual approaches have certain limitations and can harm your data. So we suggest you go with the automated solution as an effective way to backup Gmail emails to PST, and other file formats and email clients. Users can also try its demo version to explore its features.