Once you have decided to visit London for your vacations, the next important thing to do is to find a perfect hotel for your comfortable stay. No doubt, London has a good collection of hotels to suit the needs and pocket of every type of traveler. Various properties offer different types of amenities and services, you need to select the best for your holidays as per your needs and requirements.
Keep in mind as to what type of accommodation you want. Gone are the days when the hotel was the only option to stay. Now you can choose between apart hotel London, serviced apartments in London, villas, hostels and B & B. Choose the type which suits your needs the most.
Choosing the right hotel can be tough, but it is not impossible. There are many factors which are needed to take care while deciding for a hotel in London. This guide will help you in finding a perfect hotel for your stay. Let’s have a look at the tips for selecting a hotel in London-
- Make a List – Best tip to choose a right hotel for your trip is to note down all your preferences and requirements. It should be a brief about what exactly you want from your hotel. After creating a list, conduct an online search about the hotels in London and narrow your search. Apply filters as per your needs. Filters may include cost, location, property features, parking, swimming pool, free breakfast, star category and so on. This will help you in shortlisiting a perfect hotel by eliminating the ones which do not match with your list. This is a great way to save your time avoiding unnecessary searches made for hotels which does not suit your needs.
- Location – The foremost thing to consider while booking a hotel is the location. Is it close to the Airport? Is it near to main attractions of London? Is it close to the markets of London? Is it located in neat and clean surroundings? Is it located near to any mode of transport like metro station or bus stop? There are too many factors to consider regarding the location of the property. When question arises for safe and good location for your comfortable stay, Space Apart Hotel London, located at quiet location close to bus stops and tube stations should be your choice. Look at the map as well for exact location of the hotel.
- Amenities and Services Offered – Always check for what all amenities and services, the hotel offers. You need to be assured about each and every facility, you are receiving. Before making final bookings, make sure that the hotel provides all amenities and services which you require. You may check for amenities like free Wi- Fi, parking facilities, kids play area, free breakfast, doctor on call, and you should also check if there are any additional costs attached to these facilities. If you want home like feeling for the hotel, then apart hotel London will suit you the best. They have everything from modern kitchen to modern décor.
- Real Images – Assuring yourself about real photographs of the hotel is the best practice to opt while booking a hotel. There are differences in expectations and reality. Therefore, it is always good to check images online on different portals. Do check for up to date photos of the property. You may ask the hotel manager to send the images, but after that also you need to cross check them. To have a better idea about the hotel, check pictures posted by the guests on social media and other platforms who have visited the hotel. Another tip is to check for hotel’s photographs on Instagram under respective hash tags.
- Hotel Reviews – Do some research on the reviews about the property posted by the guests. They are best to give you genuine reviews about the property. It is important to check the authenticity of the hotel. Ratings and reviews will give you a clear idea about the hotel. Read all types of reviews either good or bad. Sometimes bad reviews are focused on several specific situations like any guest complaining about non working AC in chilled December month rest everything is good. So, this review does not give any reason to not book the hotel. Further, focus on latest reviews published within a year, not more than that as there may be few things which have been changed during a year.
- Family Friendly Hotel – Check if the hotel you have selected is a family friendly hotel. You can check this from the hotel’s website. A good hotel should have special rooms for family members wherein they can enjoy some activities together. Baby sitters on call, crèche services for kids, play area for kids, providing baby care items like strollers, diapers, formula milk, changing mats, and so on are some of the features of a family friendly hotel especially for kids. Considering the elder people, you can check for spa sessions, yoga sessions, swimming pool, laundry services and so on. As vacations are meant for spending quality family time together, you cannot compromise on hotel which is not family friendly.
- Compare Prices – Let’s say you are selected your perfect hotel in London but prices seem a bit high. No worries! Compare prices on different hotel and travel websites. Planning a holiday is a costly affair and booking a property is a luxury purchase. Therefore, you need to be very cautious regarding prices. Where you can get the best price? What offers or deals you can get? What discount codes can help you in getting better price? Price is an important aspect of booking a hotel; therefore, it is good to keep a check on prices. One more tip to get the best price is to negotiate direct with the hotel mentioning them that few websites are showing less prices for same room. And let’s see if it helps!