Diabetes is a dangerous disease. If it is not stopped at the right time, the consequences can be fatal. Today 45 million people in India suffer from diabetes. The main reason for this is lack of diet, mental stress, obesity, lack of exercise. This is the reason that this disease is increasing very fast in our country.
In this disease, it is caused by the pancreatic secretion of insulin in our body. Blood sugar levels rise, as well as blood cholesterol, the fat content in these patients also becomes abnormal. There are changes in the arteries. In these patients, the risk of serious, complicated, fatal disease is greatly increased due to damage to the eyes, kidneys, muscles, brain, heart.
What is Blood Sugar?
The problem of blood sugar is not only in patients with diabetes, but also in a healthy person. Sugar or glucose is a major source of energy in our body. Do you know how dangerous it can be to increase and decrease the amount of blood sugar in the body. If there is a deficiency of blood sugar in a person’s body, such a condition is called hypoglycemia.
How to control Blood Sugar?
- Weight Management: Weight management means keeping your body balanced. In a disease like diabetes, it is very important to keep your weight under control as diabetes is mostly due to obesity.
- Proper exercise helps in maintaining good health. Studies show that by exercising daily, our metabolism is also good, which also reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Avoid trans fat. Trans fat reduces the ability of the body to absorb protein. Due to which there is a lack of insulin in the body. And blood sugar level in our body increases.
- Do not eat refined carbohydrates. If you want to control your blood sugar, avoid white rice, pasta, popcorn, rice flour and white flour. The body does not know how to digest carbohydrates during diabetes. Due to which sugar starts accumulating in your body rapidly.
- Fiber-rich diet regulates blood sugar. Absorbed fiber absorbs high amounts of blood sugar and controls diabetes by normalizing insulin.
- Do not smoke, long-term smoking causes heart disease and hormones to be affected. Quitting smoking habits will improve your health and control diabetes as well.
- Natural sugar is found in very good amounts in fresh fruit beans. Which will meet your deficiency of minerals and vitamins, the partner also controls your sugar. The best fruit for this is banana.
- Eat fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables contain iron, zinc, potassium, calcium and other essential nutrients. Which provide nutrients to our body. Due to which our heart and nervous system are also healthy. This makes your body essential insulin. Take barks of arjuna tree regularly. It reduces the blood sugar level.
- Green tea, a cup of green tea without sugar cleanses the body’s dirt. And the antioxidants in it also keep your blood sugar normal.
- Coffee caffeine is known to increase the likelihood of heart diseases. But if we use it less then it will also control our blood sugar. Because caffeine also helps reduce appetite. Due to which there is no accumulation of unwanted fat in the body.
- Take food at short intervals. Studies show that consuming small amounts of food at regular intervals provides more nutrients. And body fat accumulates less as insulin becomes normal.
- Heart Health With the onset of diabetes, it first reads a bad effect on the heart. Therefore, there is a need to monitor diabetes and monitor your cholesterol levels.
- Avoid Red Meats Foliphenols are found in red meat, which increases blood cholesterol levels. Complex protein is found in red meat, which is digested very slowly, so red meat slows metabolism, affecting the flow of insulin.
- Cinnamon Powder Apart from making food tasty, cinnamon powder also controls your blood sugar.
- Stress management Oxytocin and serotonin are responsible for the functioning of well nerves. Adrenalan remains in the body, even under very high stress, with no difference in the flow of insulin. The most powerful way to control high blood sugar is to stay away from stress.
- High Protein Diet People who have diabetes should consume high protein diet as it controls the energy level of the body.
- Avoid Fast Foods Diabetic patients should not only stay away from salt, sugar and carbohydrates but should also not eat things made of trans fat. They should stay away from fast food to control blood sugar.
- Regularly check blood sugar Buy a blood glucose monitor so that you can know your sugar level at home. For this a few drops of your blood are needed so that you know whether your blood sugar is normal or not.
- Routine Checkup Diabetes patients require daily checkups. Blood sugar level is checked daily.
- Take a good sleep study showed that an adult human should sleep for 7-8 hours every night, which makes it less likely to get diabetes than those who sleep less. The science behind this is that sleep calms the brain and balances hormones. Sleeping less in one place worsens the hormonal balance.
- Eating less salt to control diabetes. Salt maintains osmotic balance in the body. And if the balance deteriorates, it starts causing hormonal disorders.
- Injury care: In diabetes, the immune system becomes weak, due to which the injury does not heal quickly. Therefore, if there is an injury or wound, treat it immediately.
- Drink more water, water prevents high sugar content in the body. Drinking 2.5 liters of water daily not only works well, but also reduces the chances of heart and diabetes diseases.
- Eat lean meats Lean meats are good for those who are non-vegetarians as they contain high protein which is good for the body.
- Eat more calcium: If we take our food or calcium supplement daily, we can reduce the chances of getting diabetes to a great extent.
- Vinegar If you eat vinegar with your food, it helps to keep your blood sugar levels low.
- Soy protein is a very good food item for patients with diabetes. Soy is found to contain isoflavonase, which lowers blood sugar and also keeps your body healthy.
- Stay away from cold drinks or adulterated drinks. Stay away from cola and cold drinks as it increases blood sugar levels. The sugar found in these contains only calories which prove dangerous for diabetic patients.
- Studies in sunlight show that sitting in the sun for a while gives you a good amount of vitamin D, which makes natural insulin in your body. If your body is deficient in vitamin D, insulin levels will decrease. It is an easy way to control diabetes. But staying in excess sunlight can also cause skin cancer.
If you are having any type of problem related to diabetes, then book an appointment with your nearest diabetologist today and get advice for any kind of health related information.